Solved

IFS Middleware Server Admin Console - IfsApp user not allowed

• 3 February 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

We are trying to access IFS 10 using its REST services. To configure the Authentification required, we are trying to access to the "IFS Middleware Server Admin Console" as explained on some websites (example: https://community.ifs.com/technology-infrastructure-cloud-integration-dev-tools-50/aurena-authentification-and-token-831) but we are not able to login into that console. Any account tried is failing with error "User Not Allowed". We tried IFSAPP and many other accounts with high privileges (or all of them) without success. Most of the users we tried have full admin rights. All these user accounts can access Entreprise Explorer and Aurena without problems. How can we gain access to the "IFS Middleware Server Admin Console" in order to configure the Authentification of REST services?

icon

Best answer by william.klotz 3 February 2021, 20:41

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

HI @MicLabElmo ,

We log into the IFS Middleware Server Admin Console using the user IFS and its password.

I do not think IFSAPP is configured to log into the IFS Middleware Server Admin Console.

Regards,

William Klotz

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi William,

I am not able to connect using the “IFS” account. I do not have the password of that account. In order to force a new password, I looked at all the users beginning by “IFS” in the Oracle User Management form in Entreprise Explorer and I see 13 users in that case but none is simply “IFS”. Is “IFS” a special login not listed there? I already asked the guy who installed our IFS instance and he was not able to give me any special login/account used/created during the initial installation (it’s like there is none).

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi @MicLabElmo ,

I do not believe the IFS user is an oracle user but rather an IFS Middleware user where the password was setup when the installation of the IFS Middleware server was done.   The IFS user is the default administrator of the IFS Middleware server.

Regards,

William Klotz

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi @MicLabElmo ,

@william.klotz is right on the money here. IFS user which is used to access the Admin console is a pure WebLogic user that is not created in the database like the rest of the application users. You are in a bit of trouble here if you cannot find the password for this user. Password information in the config files are encrypted and without knowing the current password you will not be able to reset it.

Cheers

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

There is a way to retrieve it, if you need to do that, create an support issue.

Cheers

Tommy

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Our IFS admin reviewed the scripts and found the IFS password in them. We tried it and it is working. Thank you all for the help.