Question

IFS Load and Functional testing

• 4 February 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi All, 

Are there any tools available to automate the IFS load and functional testing?

Best Regards

Asanga 

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

@hlhasanga 

Have you tried IFS developer studio?

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

UK customer don’t have access to IFS Developer Studio

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

@hlhasanga 

Have you try to download it from IFS site. Search in the community how to download the IFS Developer Studio? well, there is a good seminar that explain a way using the IFS debug and PLSQL developer in case if you are looking for PLSQL testing. 

This seminar was created by @Chamaka Wimalarathne

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

I think you understood me incorrectly. The test tool needs to have the functionality of automatically running test scripts and invoking IFS UI’s and API’s. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

We have looked for a method to do this as well, but have not found a tool that is available to do load testing.  On the last upgrade, we did attempt to write scripts that would load in customer orders from a known spreadsheet of customer info and part info to mimic what we considered our core customer order flow types.  It did not turn out to be robust enough to be a definitive test path.

Supposedly IFS R&D have created a sort of scripted process testing for their purposes but it is against core code only and doesn’t handle GET or CUST layer objects so it isn’t really useful for most customer setups.

The best we’ve come up with is to schedule a bunch of users to do various tasks simultaneously in a test system after making a change to the system then kick off a bunch of the normal scheduled tasks and automated processes that might touch that portion of the system.  It isn’t the same as what you are looking for, but I don’t know that it exists.