Question

IFS Crystal Reports - Can't find Data

• 7 September 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Good Morning,

I have a Crystal Report which utilizes an IAL I created. When I run the report as IFSPRINT or IFSAPP in PLSQL or CRYSTAL Reports the data is returning correctly. However, when I attempt to run the report in IFS Quick Reports no data is returned.

I thought it may have been permissions however, I thought if that was so, when I ran it as IFSPRINT in Crystal Reports it would also have thrown the same error message? I’ve also checked the views within the IAL and the accessibility seems to be correct.

Example below, this is a report that just displays a company ID while logged in as IFSPRINT.

Crystal Reports

IFS Quick Reports

Permissions for IAL and view:

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

Hi,

Do you receive any error while running it as Quick Report or it just returns No data?

Have you enabled CWS logging and checked if there are no errors when you run the report?

Does the table or view have the schema owner in front? Example IFSAPP.CUSTOMER_INFO

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Could you share the SQL Knowledge?

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Sounds like you have the CR security is on, and haven’t added the CR_WEB_INIT to the report and linked it with the IAL data source. Check your F1 documentation on creating a basic crystal report - that should have the details on how this is done.