Question

IFS Connect window services

• 10 September 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Would it be a good practice to set up the IFS Connect service as automatic? Manually or automatically?  

In this case, I am referring to the Window Service  

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @ZTC ZTC JGOTA 

I think it’s a good practice to set the IFS Connect windows service to automatic so the technician doesn’t need to remember to start it manually after a server reboot.

From the automatic option, I recommend to use the Automatic (Delayed Start) since usually MWS takes some time to start and if connect server starts before that, there could be connection failure errors in the log.

Hope you found it useful!

Damith

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hello @dsj 

Thank you very much for your response. I was thinking the same about to set up the IFS connect service to "Automatic". 

However, I could not find any indication of this in the IFS documentation.

There is something strange going on with the Middleware server.

For testing purposes, I created a TEXT.TXT file in the path (IN_DIRECTORY) shown in screenshot below.

IFS consumes the file as it should be. On the other hand, when I create a second file TEXT2.TXT for testing purposes one more time. IFS connect does not process it. It appears that the IFS connect works only once and then does not work thereafter.

When I checked the Window Service, I noticed that the IFS connect service was configured to be "Manual". I was thinking that perhaps something was preventing the IFS connect service from running, but the status of the service remains "Running".

Would you be able to tell me if you have seen or experienced this type of behavior with the IFS connect? Do you have any ideas?

Thanks,

JL

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @ZTC ZTC JGOTA 

This could be a problem with the sftp reader rather than connect service itself.

Can you check the reader log file which can be located in the DEBUG_FILE parameter and see if you can see any errors?

One problem could be that you’ve setup same folders for IN_DIRECTORY and RESPONSE_DIRECTORY. Try changing that and restart connect service to see f it works.

Cheers!

Damith

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hello @dsj 

I appreciate the advice you provided previously.

The debug is only displaying when the Window Service for IFS Connect is stopped and restarted, there are no other errors.

According to your previous post, I have changed the name of the directory for responses.

As a result, IFS does not process the XML file "DummyFile.xml" when it is transferred to the following path “/fromPagero/dispatchAdvice/test” where it should be processed according to the IN_DIRECTORY setting from my IFS connect configuration.

I have the right path,  I also restarted the IFS Connect window service after changes been done.

I can see the using ntstat -na that the port is responding  status equal to  “ESTABLISHED

Any other advice @dsj ? 

Thanks,

JL

Userlevel 7
Badge +31

Hi @ZTC ZTC JGOTA

IFS consumes the file as it should be. On the other hand, when I create a second file TEXT2.TXT for testing purposes one more time. IFS connect does not process it.

If you change the file name to a different one such as TEXT3.TXT, does it get picked up? In IFSAPP8, when there is a problem with a certain file, it will be recorded in a file named <ConnectServer>_<Reader>_problem_files.xml. Once that happens, the file will not be processed again by the reader, unless you change the file name or remove it from the problem_files.xml. I am not sure if the same behaviour exists in IFSAPP9 as well. See whether you can find such a problem_files.xml inside the \\<IFS_HOME>\Instance\<InstanceID>\logs directory.

Hope this helps!