Question

IFS connect for transferring CSV files - file name

• 30 March 2024
  • 2 replies

Badge +2

Hello,
we are preparing transfer of many files (migration reports sent to our DWH) via IFS connect. I would need help with definition of Routing Address. I would like to use original report name generated by migration JOB in definition, but I did not find any placeholder what could be used for it in Routing Address.
I must create separate definition of Routing Address and Routing rule for every file name.
Is there some possibility how to achieve this with easier configuration?
Thanks much for help.
Product Version: IFS cloud, 23.2.2

Miroslav

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @ctnmtomasek 

I’m not sure how are you sending the file to IFS Connect via Mig job. Would be interesting if you can give more details about your setup :)

However, You can use one of the placeholders when creating the application message to mention the filename and use it in the routing address.

Below are the placeholders you can setup when creating the application message

• MESSAGE_FUNCTION
  • MESSAGE_TYPE
  • SENDER
  • RECEIVER
  • SEQ_NO

You need one or few of those to route the file to the correct routing rule, and others can be used for different purposes.

For example, you use RECEIVER to set the filename when creating the application message and then in the routing address, and in the routing address, set the Output File as %RECEIVER% (Assuming SFTP routing address)

Read more on placeholders here

Routing Rules and Addresses - Technical Documentation For IFS Cloud

Hope it helps!

Damith

Badge +2

Hello,

I use migration JOBs to store CSV files on FTP storage (choice “OnServer” for migration job, procedure name CREATE_OUTPUT_FILE).

Generated files I transfer using IFS connect - whole chain is:

• IFS Connect Reader connects to FTP storage using ftpsdm user
  • IFS Connect Routing Rule uses Location based condition with Reader above, as a destination, following routing address is used
  • IFS Connect Routing Address is connected to following Sender
  • IFS Connect Sender  is connected to our on-premise SFTP 

So I do not know how to use original name of CSV file generated via migration JOB using placeholders.

I have solution - to define Routing Rule/Routing Address for every file name generated via migration jobs - but we plan to have many of them, so I am trying to get some better solution.

Perhaps our solution is not ideal and a similar result can be achieved in a better way. So I will be grateful for any advice.

Miroslav