Skip to main content

We added a simple data field to a entity , projection and client and triggered the sanity build and it failed with below error. Code was built in Developer studio (24.1) and deployed to Buildplace with no complains.

This issue started appearing from 14 May 2024 . We suspect IFS might have applied some updates to the buildplace without notifying customers. 

Same issue has been experienced in another customer buildplace. If you have come across same please add comment to this.

ERROR : Syntax error in ActivityListHandling-Cust.projection referenced by /opt/ifs/build-home/model/proj/ActivityListHandling-Cust.client'

I’ve reported this back to IFS but it sits in the queue with no support.  Your support would be really apricated.     

We have been experiencing the same issues, In addition to the syntax error similar to what we have experienced.

We are also having issues with builds failing before creating a log and deletions failing to execute. We have raised a case with IFS over the builds failing to trigger and the deletions failing. But have yet to have a full resolution.

Hi Ron

We have also had problems with Build Place since 13 May 2024.  We got a syntax error adding a field to an entity, projection and client when building an environment build

I’m not sure if that’s the example you meant by “Same issue has been experienced in another customer buildplace”.

It was suggested that I remove the underscore from the attribute, which I did, even though it had deployed successfully from IFS Developer.  However we still weren’t able to build successfully.

Since then we haven’t been able to reliably build an environment at all, getting builds which fail without any logs which we then can’t delete and failed requests when trying to build our second environment.

Our support call on this is currently being investigated by IFS but it has been a frustrating week as it takes so long before we can try a new build each time which then fails again.

To clarify - this is the same installation as Danny mentions above.

Hi All,

Good news !

After a difficult investigation with no support from IFS, we managed to identify the root cause.

Due to recent update in IFS developer studio , code generation had been changed and removed 2 important lines in the CUST.projection file.  I am not sure , if this is a bug or feature in new version 🙂

@Rifki Razick  any comment ?

If your issue is related to a projection, You may copy following 2 lines from the CORE projection to CUST to resolve the issue. 

description "Use this API to overview the receipt lines that are entered as arrived.";
category Users;

--------------------------------------------------

Hope this information will save the day.

Good Luck,

Rohana Nagodavithana 

Hi Rohana

Excellent news, well found!

It looks like that is the source of our syntax error too, as the projection files which reported the error were newly create and are missing the description and category lines.

I’ll confirm once we’re able to build in build place again, but many thanks for the update.

Best regards,

Marion

Hi Rohana

Just to confirm, that’s the source of the problem. I added the description line and the build worked without error.

I don’t seem to be able to mark it as the solution but it definitely is!

Hi All,

Good news !

After a difficult investigation with no support from IFS, we managed to identify the root cause.

Due to recent update in IFS developer studio , code generation had been changed and removed 2 important lines in the CUST.projection file.  I am not sure , if this is a bug or feature in new version 🙂

If your issue is related to a projection, You may copy following 2 lines from the CORE projection to CUST to resolve the issue. 

description "Use this API to overview the receipt lines that are entered as arrived.";
category Users;

Good Luck,

Rohana Nagodavithana 

Best regards,

Marion

Hi @MMcK , 

Sorry for the inconvenience caused and for the late reply, and I didn’t get any notification for this community post.

One of the application’s team reported this issue to us as an internal defect and we already fixed this immediately. They have got the issue reported from an external support task which is as follows: 

Support case ID: CS0224345

we have fixed this via https://ifsdev.atlassian.net/browse/DXDEV-3934

We will release a new Developer studio tool version (24.1.0.0137) to Portal Immediately as it contains the above fix. Once released, make sure to update the tool and use the tool version 24.1.0.0137 or above.

/Harshini

Hi All,

Good news !

category Users;

Good Luck,

Rohana Nagodavithana 

Adding those 2 lines will fix the issue as a workaround. 

category Users;

BR

/Nishantha 

Hi @hamalk 

We are getting similar error for a mobile client related .offline file and sanity build is failing. There are no errors when deployed using developer studio.  Is there a workaround for mobile client files. Currently we are stuck with planned deliveries due to this error.

/Mangala 

Hi All

Latest Developer Studio tool version : 24.1.0142  is now available with the fix , please update the DevStudio tool and make sure the tool is updated to version 24.1.0142  or above.  When doing customization. using “Customize This” use the latest tool version.

From 24R1 and onwards the  “description” field in projection model is not mandatory, so when creating the model using “Customize This” RMB option, it will exclude the “description” filed from 24r1 onwards. For older version prior to 24R1, “description” is mandatory in CUST projections

Therefore if you have already created a Xxxxx-Cust.projection using a previous tool version for a target version below 24r1, you need to manually add a description field into your -cust projections if it’s missing in the model. That will solve the “Syntax Error” issues in build environments.

Please use the work around for the -cust projection models already created using the old tool. For new creations use the latest tool update.

FYI : @MMcK , @Mangala , @Nishantha Anuruddha 

/Harshini

@Mangala  yes seems like the same issue. please use the workaround as mentioned. add the description into cust projection if it’s missing. 

If you open the models in the latest tool, you will see a syntax error in the editor. 

Thanks for the information about 24.1.0142. 

BR

/Nishantha 

@Nishantha Anuruddha , @Mangala 

If the previous comment helped to resolve the issue, please mark is as corrected, then it will help another person to solve the same problem.

Thanks

Harshini

Latest Developer Studio tool version : 24.1.0142  is now available with the fix , please update the DevStudio tool and make sure the tool is updated to version 24.1.0142  or above. 

Hi @hamalk 

I have Dev Studio version 24.1.0093 and when I go to Help > Check for updates, it deos not show any update. Is there another way to get the latest update?

BR,

Amila

@Amila Samarasinghe  did you try restarting the machine ? 

If that also does not work clear cache and see, that will work. 

Cache directory: C:\Users\<<machine-name>>\AppData\Roaming\DeveloperStudio\18\

/Harshini