Solved

IFS Cloud - How are bugs handled?

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi,
how are bugs handled in IFS Cloud?

Where to search, where to report BUGs?

How to get correction into environment - is it possible, or only was is merge whole Service Update?

Thanks

icon

Best answer by Kalpa Hewavitharana 17 May 2022, 14:57

View original

14 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi,
how are bugs handled in IFS Cloud?

Where to search, where to report BUGs?

How to get correction into environment - is it possible, or only was is merge whole Service Update?

Thanks

I have the same questions. The current state is unclear and would be worth uplifting in communications.

As a partner it is unclear how to verify if errors are known bugs or new ones. And how/where to report issues  to plan future fix deployments. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

I’m also worried about this. LCS does not seem to have knowledge of Cloud bugs and solutions, so it’s hard to investigate if an error found in a Cloud environment is already reported to IFS RnD. As a partner, we don’t have access to Jira and other issue reporting systems.

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Based on the questions raised here and through CS0075417, we would like to share below information as Q & A.

Q: How bugs are handled in IFS Cloud?
A: Bug fixes are handled the same way as for legacy products:
- Issues are reported by the customers through Service Now
- Evaluated by IFS Support
- Passed to RnD if deemed to be problem with the core product

Q: How to find the already reported BUGs for IFS Cloud?
A: In the community: https://community.ifs.com/search/activity/topics?userid=155 (There are number of threads for each release and for each service update)

Q: How to find already solved BUGs for IFS Cloud?
A: As above - in the IFS Community. There is no separate access to list of reported and fixed bug fixes as it has been in LCS for legacy product.

Q: How to report BUG for IFS Cloud?
A: By reporting the problem/issue with the application in Service Now.

Q: How to get correction into environment - is it possible, or only was is merge whole Service Update?
A: By applying relevant Service Update or Feature Release.

Q: As a partner it is unclear how to verify if errors are known bugs or new ones. And how/where to report issues to plan future fix deployments?
A: The List provided in IFS Community should help with establishing already solved problems. Reporting of issues should be done through Service Now.

Q: LCS does not seem to have knowledge of Cloud bugs and solutions, so it’s hard to investigate if an error found in a Cloud environment is already reported to IFS RnD. As a partner, we don’t have access to Jira and other issue reporting systems.
A: Verification should be possible through a review of material published on Community.

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Further response:

IFS Cloud Version Updates: Release notes and Fixed issues for IFS Cloud Version : https://community.ifs.com/ifs-cloud-version-updates-197

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi and thanks for the Q&A.

I would ask for a few additional clarifications because this affects operationally our IFS Cloud projects.

1. What is service now system? Do you mean the portal which is linked from Lifecycle Experience (https://support.ifs.com/csm)?
  2. What is the process of activatings IFS support accounts for the partner when working with customer implementations?
  3. How is access granted or requested to the support portal? We have already access to partner portal, community, customer’s environment, lifecycle experience, but still we cannot access the support portal. 
  4. How do partners link their accounts to the accounts of the customers? I have access to Customer’s build place but still the support portal doesn’t show any content.  
Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Hi Toni,

Please find below responses for the four questions raised.

1. The Customer Support Portal (https://support.ifs.com/csm) was referred to as Service Now as that is the platform that IFS is using to support all IFS Cloud customers.
  2. You can follow the KBA https://community.ifs.com/support-services-faqs-282/how-can-i-register-for-an-ifs-support-account-3948 and open the Request IFS Portal Account (Cloud) FINAL.pdf for instructions
  3. Explained above
  4. Partner should create separate support accounts for each customer that they work. This should be done using a customer email address (not from the email that you have as a partner). The regular partner account will not allow you to create cases/requests for the customers in Support Portal.
Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi @Kalpa Hewavitharana, @AveTonitM  ,
I’m little confused of this.

1. In Case CS0073685, IFS talking about "IFS Support Portal for IFS Cloud Partners", you talking about “Service Now”, please unify terms
  2. In same case CS0073685, I’m asking if it is required have separated account for each customer, and answer was:
        NO, you should have one Partner Account with access to Customers,
    if it is not correct, what is reason of Dropdown list “Account”?

Could you please check it again?

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi @Kalpa Hewavitharana ,
thanks for answers given.

This all means that support was (same as ownership of source code/ buildplace) moved to Customer.
But, when I raised question to get this answer (CS0075417), I did not get answer, and I was redirected to my Partner, but I’m that Parner.
So, when I (as partner) have separate account for each Customer, you (as IFS) does not know, I’m partner - it is wrong - at it is reason I expecting, there must be only one Partner account with linked Customers.

Or if this is only for Customers problem, what's the proper way for IFS Partner to contact IFS and get response?
Because lot of my questions raised here are unanswered for months, e-mails to some IFS representatives are left without response and CSM Cases are solved from Customer position.

For previous versions there was LCS, where were all BUGs together - New, In Progress, Solved, there was information about UPD their belong to.
This prevent us from creating Case for solving already solved issue, find solution myself and merge BUG into harvest.

I understand idea, have all IFS Cloud apps up to date and does not allow to merge BUG another way then Release Update.
But how it will be handled when System Down BUG occurred on PROD environment? Then is only way to contact IFS and waiting, anyone other can solve this situation. (BTW I didn’t see any Priority options in CSM Case)
And what is most painful, there will be lot of duplicate Cases.

Searching in Community is not good option for find already solved BUGs. Is there option to search only in some area of portal, e.g. only in https://community.ifs.com/ifs-cloud-version-updates-197?

Thanks

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

I found this:

It should look like this:

But it is not seem to work now.

But maybe after weekend it will...

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Hi @Kalpa Hewavitharana@AveTonitM  ,
I’m little confused of this.

1. In Case CS0073685, IFS talking about "IFS Support Portal for IFS Cloud Partners", you talking about “Service Now”, please unify terms
  2. In same case CS0073685, I’m asking if it is required have separated account for each customer, and answer was:
        NO, you should have one Partner Account with access to Customers,
    if it is not correct, what is reason of Dropdown list “Account”?

Could you please check it again?

Hi Filip,

“Service Now” is the ticketing platform that is used by IFS to handle Support issues for IFS Cloud customers (is it a replacement of LCS case tracking system, but with different and advanced functions that are not used in LCS). "IFS Support Portal for IFS Cloud Partners" is an internal parameter that is used in Service Now platform. You do not need to worry about it at this moment.

I have gone through the case CS0073685 and it seems like there is an issue with how your account is setup. This information is passed to Michał Pawłowski and Bjørn Tønnessen so that they can look at this from partner administration perspective.

The drop down list for “Account” is disabled for you as I see (with “InfoConsulting Poland Sp. z o.o..” in it) and that should be the intended functionality as your email filip.vrba@infoconsulting.com is attached with the account “InfoConsulting Poland Sp. z o.o..”.

Please continue the involvement with CS0073685 as it is still ongoing.

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi @Kalpa Hewavitharana@Yasas Kasthuriarachchi ,
I today Applied Service Update 22.1.2, where is summary of BUGs or corrections done in 22.1.1 and 22.1.2 ?
I did not find this summaries in community.
(for 21 version them exist - for example:

)

BR

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

HI @InfFilipV,
It is updated here: 

Best Regards,
Yasas

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi @Yasas Kasthuriarachchi,
SU 22.1.3 was released yesterday (instead of tomorrow), are Release notes for this SU somewhere?
Thanks
BR

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Hi @InfFilipV,

You can find them in the same location now (22R1 SUs shall be with its attachment which gets updated):