Question

IFS Cloud Crystal Reports error

• 31 January 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Hello,

I am currently having trouble with my Crystal Report in IFS Cloud. I am uploading my Crystal Report to the quick reports page, but when I go and attempt to view it, I am getting “There was an error retrieving the report”

There are no error logs or any useful information in the debug console window. How can I get more information to fix my issue?

Thanks,
Bryan

5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hi @bdoucette 

I’m having the same problem currently.
Did you manage to fix this?

Thanks & Regards,
Asanka

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi @bdoucette 

Try running the SQL query of the report logic from IFSPRINT login in the database.

It is a bit hard to find crystal errors in IFS cloud.

But most of the time this error is generated due to a permission issue. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

Hi @bdoucette,

You can check Crystal Web Service (CWS) logs to get more information about the issue.

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

@bdoucette There can be multiple reasons, please cross check the following.

1. Both IFSPRINT F1 user and database user is active/open.
2. Try using Crystal server IP instead name on application “System Parameters” window.
3. Check Crystal Web Service/Services are up and running (restart IIS if necessary)
4. Check database is accessible from Crystal server with given TNS name and  IFSPRINT user.
5. Retrieve Crystal logs from server (wwwroot/IFSCRWebSetup/logs/) or from application (“Crystal Web Service Logs” → Fetch Logs) then check for any errors which appears in the same time when you are viewing the report.
(FYI : Depend on the number of instance copies, there can be multiple log files. Use the tile frames to identify the exact log)

Good Luck,
Binu

Badge +3

I got the same issue ‘There was an error retrieving the report’. The reason was IFSPRINT user doesn’t have read permission to relevent tables.