Question

IFS Cloud 22R2 - Aurena : Disabling a command button in 'n' minutes

• 24 May 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi All,

There is a requirement to disable a new command button in an Aurena page in ‘n’ minutes time via a Modification.
For example , assume current time is 10:00 AM.
The button should be disabled at 10:05 AM (in 5 minutes time; here n=5 ).

Is this possible?

4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi @GaSoGB 

Such custom modifications best be evaluated only after conducting a thorough analysis about the customer's functional flow and technical feasibility with the request and related dependencies. In this case you can raise a ticket explaining the requirement and the value of this specific modification such that an IFS Consultant would be able to assist you further! 

Thank You.

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

@KUSHANI ,

Thanks for the reply. The requirement is pretty clear. But the problem, is IFS Applications do not support the requirement and you cannot do a modification in order to achieve the requirement. Normally IFS support ticket is raised for reporting bugs. You cannot report this as a bug. Other option is to contact IFS Regional Consulting organization by raising a ticket as a Modification Request if you cannot do the modification itself. However, IFS consulting organization  do not do any modifications by changing the IFS Aurena framework and they will reject the requirement.
For these kind of requirements which are not supported by the framework, best option is to raise a ticket in IFS Idea wall. Anyway it will not even be considered if you do not have enough votes by the community.

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Hi Gayan @GaSoGB,
I feel you are well aware of the process and next steps. Kushani’s suggestion above in the thread would be based on considering it as a consulting request (custom config); but as you are very sure on this  to be a core change on framework that would be rejected by consulting, as you have mentioned best is to raise it in IFS Idea Wall, so all with similar business requirement would support it with voting and highlight the requirement to be beneficial and you can share the idea link in this thread too :)

Thanks & Best Regards,
Yasas

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

@Yasas Kasthuriarachchi ,

Thanks for the info. This is kind of a rare requirement and I have already provided a workaround. My best guess is IFS is not going to even consider this for the next coming 12 months at least even if I log this in the idea wall and we cannot wait until that.
Anyway I will try to create a request in idea wall.

Best regards
Gayan Somachandra
IFS Cloud certified Technical Solution Architect | Technical Consultant