Question

IFS Business Reporter error when Bulk Save

• 22 March 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi,

I am using Bulk Save and Republish Reports option in Business Reporter tool. When File Path is given (for the reports downloaded), I am getting below error.

Location is entered to Trusted Location and folder structure was created manually as well. Still getting the above error.

When I open individual report from Open menu in destination environment, it executes without an issue.

Any idea about the error?

Thank you.

Best regards,

Sureka

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi @shewa ,

Please note that IFS Bulk save/republish is not designed for the purpose you have used it.

The bulk save/republish is used when there is a need to republish all the report while keeping the original report after an upgrade. 
This is why it has not used the word publish but has used the word republish instead. Only saved reports are capable of republishing.  

There is NO tool available to export and import all the BR reports designs from one database to another. For this you need to get a copy of the database to another.
OR you can do it one by one as you tried to do.

Best regards,

Thiwanka

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi @shewa ,

Please note that IFS Bulk save/republish is not designed for the purpose you have used it.

The bulk save/republish is used when there is a need to republish all the report while keeping the original report after an upgrade. 
This is why it has not used the word publish but has used the word republish instead. Only saved reports are capable of republishing.  

There is NO tool available to export and import all the BR reports designs from one database to another. For this you need to get a copy of the database to another.
OR you can do it one by one as you tried to do.

Best regards,

Thiwanka

Hi Thiwanka,

Thank you for the reply. Is that mean if there are 100 reports, I have to open one by one manually in destination environment and do ‘Save Report’? That very disappointing. 

However if manually saving is the only option, do I have to manually type report id, report title etc when saving (cannot copy paste values and cannot open two instances of Save Report dialog box)?

Best regards,

Sureka