Solved

IFS AppsV10 MainServer1 Logs impacting Space_Crunch in Server

• 3 March 2020
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Dear all,

We are getting Space-Crunch in every 2 days once in server out of 399GB/Full 399GB..? We are doing manual clean-up of the old dated MainServer1 logs. Can you guys help us where we can go and STOP this logs if not required. Please advise..?

Path:>\IFS_HOME\wls_domain\<Instance>\servers\MainServer1\logs

Regards,

Vivek NR.

icon

Best answer by Kasun Balasooriya 3 March 2020, 13:50

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi Vivek,

Looking at the size and the frequency of the logs created under main server, my first suggestion is to check the logs to see if there are any errors recorded. 

If there are no errors in the logs, the next action would be to set the correct log level for the main server and set-up log rotation correctly. 

Log rotation can be configured using the middle-ware server admin console.  ( Under Main Cluster → Managed Servers → MWS Logging)

You can check Limit Number of retained files and give a desired value for the number of logs to be retained. 

Furthermore, make sure the log levels are set to an acceptable level ( Usually this would be warning)

Hope this helps!

Thanks,

Kasun

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

Please ignore my reply. Wrong thread. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Hi @KasunBalasooriya,

Thanks for your guidance. let me try and get back to you.

Regards,

Vivek NR.

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Hi @KasunBalasooriya,

I have checked the configuration screen  ( Under Main Cluster → Managed Servers → MWS Logging)

Below is my application screen shot- it is same a you advise but still we are getting space crunch.

Please advise is there anyother thing i need to take care.

Regards,

Vivek NR.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @KasunBalasooriya,

I have checked the configuration screen  ( Under Main Cluster → Managed Servers → MWS Logging)

Below is my application screen shot- it is same a you advise but still we are getting space crunch.

Please advise is there anyother thing i need to take care.

Regards,

Vivek NR.

Hi Vivek,

What I have posted in the screenshot is a sample for you to refer and configure the MWS log rotation. 

You can set the values as you prefer. Can you please try to change the values and see if it changes the behavior? 

Eg: The no of files retained are equal to the value set. 

Thanks,

Kasun