Solved

IFS Apps 10 Branding Options Local File

• 23 September 2022
  • 8 replies

Badge +4

Morning All,

I am following the documentation to Configure IFS Database Identity Provider:

Configuring the IFS Database Identity Provider

Our Apps 10 environment is running on a local server,  is it possible to have Logo URL and the Background Image URL local files stored on the server and not web addresses? 

I have attempted to have the URL as \\T:\IMAGES\BACKGROUND.jpg but this does not seem to work, the images are stored on the middleware server and the path is correct. 

icon

Best answer by mwilson 26 September 2022, 17:16

View original

8 replies

Badge +4

I have also attempted referencing the server name in the path but this also does not work. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Hi

In my opinion it has to be web resource.

Badge +4

Ah that's a real shame, It seemed a great idea to have the files stored locally on the middleware server. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

It has been a long time since I have had to think about this feature.  We have it stored locally on the application server.  The top level folder you put this in needs to have Read and List permissions for everyone.

Badge +4

Thanks @mwilson! how do you lay out the reference path to the file? \\DRIVELETTER\FOLDER\FILE or \\SERVERNAME\DRIVELETTER\FOLDER\FILE or \\SERVERIP\DRIVELETTER\FOLDER\FILE  ?

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

It used to be C:\

Badge +4

Thank you for you help, Do you know if there is a correct pixel size for the background image as I am unable to get this to show, the logo image works fine but the background image just appears white.

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

I think the ratio of 3 to 4 works best, but it has been my experience that there are a couple of reports that have a different size making this challenging.  I wonder if someone from IFS will reply with the size.