Solved

IFS Application 10 support of Windows 11

• 13 September 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hello,

We are currently running IFS Application 10 Update 8 but plan on upgrading to Update 13 shortly.  Our IT department has announced they plan on upgrading everyone to Windows 11 in January 2022.

Does IFS have a date and IFS Application 10 Upgrade package they plan on certifying support for Windows 11?   We’ve got two machine currently running the Beta copy of Windows 11 and everything seems to work fine except we are not able to install IFS Business Reporter. 

We get an error about the Office Primary Interop Assemblies have not been installed.   On a Windows 10 machine running the same Microsoft Office 365 x64 suite we can successfully install IFS Business Reporter.   Microsoft hasn’t released a new release of the Primary Interop Assemblies since Office 2010 and we believe this is the issue.

Regards,

William Klotz

icon

Best answer by Kasun Balasooriya 13 September 2021, 19:19

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi William,

Per RnD: 

• IFS doesn’t specify on “certified platforms” or “certification”, rather IFS details on Supporting a platform, which means IFS will accept error reports in IFS software when used on that platform and that IFS intend to correct those errors as needed to fulfil agreed obligations. 
  • IFS R&D supports the semi-annual channel for Windows 10 (In practice this means IFS provide support for these versions soon after they become available).

A more detailed explanation can be found in the supported platforms policy document attached below. 

According to information we have from RnD, the current supported  windows version (latest) is Windows 10 version 21H1as of APPS10 Update 12. 

Thanks,

Kasun

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi @Kasun Balasooriya ,

Thank you,  I guess what I’m looking for is when or if Windows 11 would be support in IFS Application Update X.  I’m looking to provide information to our IT department so we can coordinate the deployment of Windows 11 in our company and have the necessary supported IFS version installed and ready to go.

Regards,

William Klotz

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @Kasun Balasooriya ,

Thank you,  I guess what I’m looking for is when or if Windows 11 would be support in IFS Application Update X.  I’m looking to provide information to our IT department so we can coordinate the deployment of Windows 11 in our company and have the necessary supported IFS version installed and ready to go.

Regards,

William Klotz

Hi William,

I can try to get you an answer but can not guarantee a timeline. Best if you open up a case to

raise this officially if you haven’t done already. 

Thanks,

Kasun

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi @Kasun Balasooriya ,

I will open a case with IFS requesting the information.  Just wasn’t sure if IFS already had a plan or not that was publicly available.

Regards,

William Klotz