Question

IFS 21 / IFS 11/ IFS Cloud - Reporting Tools

• 11 May 2021
  • 4 replies

Badge +4

Hello all,

Does anyone know what possibilities, apart from the IFS Report Designer, there will be in IFS 11 to create reports? Crystal Reports will no longer work, will it?

Hope someone can answer me….

Best regards

Luci

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi Lucy,

Looking at the cloud environments available, I see the following categories for quick reports at the moment: 

Hence I’m positive that RnD will support Crystal reports. 

Thanks,

Kasun

Badge +4

Hi Kasun,

Thank you for your answer! 

Unfortunately, I can neither see it nor try it out, as we do not yet have IFS Cloud in use. For us it is only important to know whether a Crystal Report integration still works after IFS 10. Otherwise we would have to look for alternatives in the foreseeable future...

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

For IFS Cloud 21R1 and 21R2 (at the time of writing this), you will get the same offerings that you got in Apps 10 for Operational Reports.

IFS Report Designer

IFS Report Plug-in Layouts

Crystal Report Integration 

SSRS Operational Report Integration

StreamServe Integration

BA Reports

Userlevel 7
Badge +31

Hi @lgerstner,

Crystal Reports are still there in IFS Cloud for both Operational and Quick reports.

IFS Operational Reporting provides the capabilities for customers to generate documents such as invoices, labels etc. Standard operational reports are designed using the IFS Report Designer. Customers can also use 3rd party tools such as SSRS and Crystal Reports to create custom layouts.

For ad-hoc reporting needs, IFS Quick Reports let users create reports that cater to individual information requirements quickly within Aurena. The types of ad-hoc reports available are:

• SQL reports
  • Power BI reports
  • SSRS reports
  • Excel quick reports
  • Crystal reports

Please refer to this article regarding what’s new in reporting in IFS Cloud and what’s deprecated:

Documentation for Operational Reports:

https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/21r1/Foundation1/050_development/025_operational_reporting/default.htm

Documentation for Ad-hoc Reports:

https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/21r1/Foundation1/050_development/026_br_and_a/005_adhoc_reporting/default.htm

Hope this helps!