Solved

IFS 2020 R1

• 23 January 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi

Have read the relased IFS Roadmap for IFS Products, one question that I don´t get a clear answer on is this:

Is IFS 2020 R1 a new core release or should we see that as an “update” on IFS 10 ?

/Karl

icon

Best answer by Dan Matthews 23 January 2020, 11:48

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

You should see it as a continuation of IFS Applications. It includes all the functionality you have in IFS Applications 10 (and more of course), the IFS Aurena user experience etc. It is a more substantial release than just an update (if you are thinking about the quarterly updates), includes new functionality as well as new technology and architecture updates. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Thanks Dan,

But just to be clear. I assume then that IFS Application 10 will not receive any more “quarterly updates” ? After the release of IFS 2020 R1.

/Karl

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

IFS Applications 10 will continue to receive updates throughout it’s entire support life cycle (many years to go still). 

IFS 2020 R1 is a new release (comparable to what an IFS Applications core release would have been in the past) which will have its own update cadence going forward. More details on that will follow later this year. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Hi karllinder,

Just to complete more in detail here, from the info I currently have, IFS 10 will keep with updates till Q1 ‘23. Explained in other post.

Concerning IFS 2020 R1, what I got is that will be a total new core (HTML5) and a look and feel as Aurena.