Question

IEE Permission set to Aurena

• 25 September 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi All,

Have you found an easier way of replicating an existing IEE Permission Set to an Aurena Permission Set. i.e. Grant same screens on IEE (Permission Set) to whatever pages that are similar to on Aurena?

Thank you

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Hi Rajith,

There is no one to one mapping in IEE pages and Aurena pages. So i don’t think there can be a way like this. What is the requirement here? just to see what are you going to achieve? 

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Thanks @Rusiru, This came up during a training session. Say there are lots of permission sets that were built over the years for IEE. Now if the customer is moving to Aurena we need to recreate those permission sets again from scratch to suite Aurena. Just checking if there are any suggestions.

many thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

hi Rajith,

I think it’s best to set the expectation that permission sets need to be rebuilt for Aurena.  There are places where one EE screen is equivalent to multiple projections, and there are places where one Aurena projection replaces multiple EE screens.

Theoretically you could extract the relationships of permission sets to logical units, and then somehow translate those logical units into Projections.  But it would be a huge effort and I don’t think the results would be very good (you would still lose a lot of data with regard to DB objects, for example).  The juice would not be worth the squeeze.

Setting up Permission sets in Aurena is very easy - I would see it as an opportunity to clean things up and simplify. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Many thanks Paul, I have explained the difference but just checking :relaxed: