Solved

IEE/Aurena permission set Filter

• 18 July 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi All.

Is there a way to use permission set filter in IEE or Aurena (not mobile aurena native)?

For mobile, it works fine.

Situation:

I have 10k objects in a site but some users needs to see just some based on the object level.

Is this way OK, or I’m missing something?

I tried to use in the activities bellow but not working?

Tks for help!

icon

Best answer by anmise 23 June 2023, 16:47

View original

5 replies

Badge +3

Bonjour,

have you checked that the screen in question is an "activity"?

if this is the case, I think you should add a clause with the name of the site concerned

ouahiba

Badge +1

I know this is old, but if anyone has figured out whether this is possible, I’d love to know.

I have seen that IEE Lets you add Permission Set Filters to Projections.

Does it actually work/do anything though ? Can you apply a filter to Projection for the Aurena client to restrict the data being retrieved from a list, for example ?

In my case, I’m trying to add a filter to restrict the results being brought into ProjectMiscellaneousPartsHandling/ManualReserveMaterialVirtual to specific inventory locations

I can create a permission set filter on that entity, but it finds no Columns in the column picker, and even attempting to test whether it does anything at all, I added a 1=2 Clause in the filter, but that didn’t seem to do anything, the Aurena user with that perm set is still getting all results from that projection.

So in short: Does adding permission set filters to Projections actually DO anything ?

Userlevel 7

Permission set filters are strictly used for mobile. 

Badge +1

Thank you Anmise,

Could you elaborate as to why we even have the ability to add a permission set filter to a projection if it doesn’t actually do anything ?

I’m not talking about adding a Perm Set Filter to an Activity, but truly to a projection, the same projections used by Aurena.

Why let us create/add one if it doesn’t do anything ?

Userlevel 7

Thank you Anmise,

Could you elaborate as to why we even have the ability to add a permission set filter to a projection if it doesn’t actually do anything ?

I’m not talking about adding a Perm Set Filter to an Activity, but truly to a projection, the same projections used by Aurena.

Why let us create/add one if it doesn’t do anything ?

No, sorry, I really can’t. My assumption is that it’s a generic framework function, that was only used for mobile, but I don’t know for sure.