Solved

IAL PREFIX

• 17 April 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hello IFS Community,

How do I know the username used to run an IAL?

Does IFS have a place where I could see the prefixes?

I am trying to run the query the following way 

select * from &IAL.PART_COST2 

(According to different posts I have read in the community) I need to add the prefix &IAL.

A pop-up window shows up asking for the value of IAL, and I input my AO, then the result is table or view does not exist. 

Fyi. The IAL was created correctly (See fig ). However, I do not know if I enter the correct username for IAL.

icon

Best answer by sutekh137 18 April 2022, 00:30

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

By default the “info” user is IFSINFO. Look in Oracle for other schemas starting with “IFS”.

Where are you being prompted for “IAL”? When you write a Quick Report (for example) against an IAL, the &IAL should resolve without you needing to enter anything, as that is a globally defined parameter so IFS should not prompt you for input.

Joe Kaufman

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hello @sutekh137 

Thanks for your answer.

I am trying to use my PL/SQL developer tool to query the data.

How can I query an IAL view?

I am trying to do it this way => select * from &IAL.PART_COST2 

Thanks,

JL

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Assuming permissions are OK, you have to look “up and over” into a different schema. In this case, “IFSINFO”. So, instead of using &IAL.<viewname>, use IFSINFO.<viewname>.

Hope that helps!

Joe Kaufman

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Thanks @sutekh137 

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

No problem!

JoeK

Userlevel 7
Badge +31

Hi @ZTC ZTC JGOTA

How do I know the username used to run an IAL?

Does IFS have a place where I could see the prefixes?

You can find the name of the IAL Owner from “Information Access Layer (IAL) Oracle user” system parameter.

99% of the time, the IAL Owner is IFSINFO, but very rarely we have seen different names in some customer environments.

Hope this helps!