Solved

How to send email via workflow?

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Hello,

I am trying to use Camunda mail-send connector via a service task in my workflow for IFS Cloud. I’m not 100% sure if I’m using the extensions tab of the workflow properly:

but I followed the Camunda instructions for calling mail-send and this is what my task looks like

I’m getting this error when I try to run the workflow though:

If anyone has experience sending emails via a workflow, please let me know. I’ve tried using the event action email but emails never get sent or generated.

I’d appreciate any and all advice.

Thanks,
Bryan

icon

Best answer by TheoB 30 June 2023, 10:46

View original

12 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi @bdoucette ,

I have never used this connector to send a mail with BPA.
On the other hand, I had found a solution which consists in creating a projection or configuring a projection and to make this procedure available via the webservices:

The procedure "COMMAND_SYS.MAIL" allows you to send a mail.
By making it available through a projection, it allows you to call it with the POST operation type from the BPA.
Have a nice day.
Théo

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Hi @TheoB 
That’s great, thanks! I’ll try that soon, hopefully I configure all of the settings properly so it can be called. I’ll post my results to either help others figure out how to set this up, or let them know what not to do. I appreciate the help
Thanks again,
Bryan

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Yes please share the steps. i am also looking for this.

Have you tried report generation and send it via email in workflow?

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Hi @TheoB 

Could you please provide an example of this mail-send working? I set that up in a custom projection but whenever I trigger it, nothing happens. I checked the application messages page and I cant see anything even attempting to happen either

Thanks,
Bryan

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi @bdoucette ,

Here's an example of how to call up the custom projection: 

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

hi @TheoB 

Thanks, I really appreciate it. Did you have to configure your custom projection any certain way? It requires some entity connection but I wasn’t sure which one to use so I just used BusinessOpportunity.

Thanks,
Bryan

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

@TheoB 

Hello again. Sadly I tried the configuration you had and I still got no outputs. Below is the debug instance of when I try to run it.

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Hello again @TheoB 

I was thinking there also might be some additional setup required by IFSCONNECT that I have to do? I am using our MAIL_SENDER1 but are there any outbound rules or anything else that you have to set up for this to send an email? I’d assume it would still appear in the application messages list but no new line appears

Thanks,
Bryan

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi @bdoucette ,

Normally there's nothing more to configure in IFS Connect apart from the SMTP server connection info.
For your information, here's the configuration for my projection:

Théo

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @bdoucette @TheoB 

This seems to be an interesting use case so I did a simple setup to send an email using a workflow.

You can read the steps I took in my blog :)

https://dsj23.me/2023/07/10/send-an-email-using-ifs-workflow/

Hope it helps!

Damith

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi @bdoucette @TheoB 

This seems to be an interesting use case so I did a simple setup to send an email using a workflow.

You can read the steps I took in my blog :)

https://dsj23.me/2023/07/10/send-an-email-using-ifs-workflow/

Hope it helps!

Damith

@dsj Thanks Damith, This is very useful.

Badge

Hello,

I have tried the above method and an email was created but there was no text to be found inside the 'Body.txt' file in IFS Cloud 22.1.5.
Note: I also tried Command_SYS.mail in a test script and there was no text to be found inside the 'Body.txt' file.

Any help related to this is very much appreciated.