Question

How to restore password from AD?

• 4 July 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

In the Oracle User Management window for one user on the test database, I used the Change password function. After AD synchronization, the password that I set up is still active.

How to restore the user's ability to use the AD password?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @Patrycja_MM ,

You need to check the setting used under AD Sync configuration. If the setting Database Authentication not allowed is set in the configuration, the oracle user account will be generated with a random password and the end user will only be able to login to the application using AD.

However, if this password is changed, I think the synchronization will not replace the existing password again with a random one and hence the user will be able to login with the currently set password, if it’s known.

However, this should not restrict the user from using the AD password if the correct domain name/username and the password is used. 

Thanks,

Kasun

Badge +1

Hi @Kasun Balasooriya ,

In AC settings we have checked 'set database password same as user ID'.
The user cannot log in to the database using his AD password, the password that I set for the time of testing is active.
After overwriting the test database it will be OK, but I have no idea how to restore this particular user's ability to use his AD password.

If there is a chance to restore the user's settings, I will be grateful for a hint on how to do it.

Badge +1

I am once again asking for help in this task. :)