How to Restore Application Messages When Deleted?

• 12 October 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

"Processing Print Jobs" in IFS 9UPD4 and
"Processing Internet Transaction Services" application messages have been deleted. I accidentally deleted it from plsql. How can we restore?

It incorrectly adding records to Print Manager after all reports are created without "Processing Print Jobs".

Application Message ID 1: Processing Print Jobs
Application Message ID 2: Processing Internet Transaction Services

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +31

Hi @baris.halici,

You can try to export these application server tasks from an environment where they still exist and import to the faulty environment. You can do it from “Application Server Tasks” window in IEE. Once imported, they should appear in the “Application Server Task Templates” window as well.

I haven’t tried and tested this myself, so hope you are doing this in a non-prod environment. Once restored, make sure all the parameters defined in these two application server tasks are correctly set as well.

Hope this helps!

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi @Charith Epitawatta,

Thanks for your answer.

I am aware of Export Task and Import Task operations. These are the internal tasks of the application. For this reason, I specified messages (AppM ID 1: Processing Print Jobs and AppM ID 2: Processing Internet Transaction Services) do not appear in this list.

Regards

Barış

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

I also recovered two app messages (with 1 and 2 message ids) from a different app.
but I couldn't find a table where I can change the "Processing Internet Transaction Services" field to the right. Media Code cannot be changed from the screen. I get the error in the picture when I want to update.