Solved

How to register IAM client in IFS Applications 10?

• 10 May 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

I am currently working on building a client application (WinForms based) using IFS Applications (10) REST APIs as backend. The authentication scheme I am planning to use is OAuth2 ROPC. 

1. What is the procedure to register a confidential client in Applications ?
  1. Is it possible to register the client using IFS Applications/Aurena? (similar to IAM Clients page in IFS Cloud)

Any inputs on this would be appreciated. 

Thanks in advance,
Avenash

icon

Best answer by Charith Epitawatta 10 May 2021, 12:06

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @avenash,

Could you have a look at the below article?

Further have a look at the below documentation as well,

How to do ROPC

Cheers !
Dhananjaya.

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Thanks, Dhananjaya

I checked that thread before and didn’t find the answer to my problem. I am actually looking for a way to register custom clients in IFS Applications 10. 

As stated in the other thread, in IFS Cloud there is a dedicated page called “IAM Clients”. But I couldn’t find similar functionality in Apps 10 to do that to obtain client id and client secret.

Userlevel 7
Badge +31

Hi @avenash,

When testing REST APIs using Postman, I copy the IEE client ID and secret from IFS MWS Console and use them to generate the OAuth token. However, in your case, since you are developing a separate client application, that is not an acceptable option I guess. 

Since we can register IAM clients in 21R1, I am assuming it is yet to be implemented in IFSAPP10. R&D has given priority to 21R1 over IFSAPP10 with regards to some features/fixes, so this could be one of those cases. Might be worth confirming with R&D. :)

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Thank you for the input @Charith Epitawatta 

I too have used the IFS MWS console previously to obtain the client id and client secret. I too think it is not an acceptable way to do it nor the best practice. 

I will try to get confirmation from R&D on this topic and update this thread. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Confirmed with R&D that IAM is new to IFS Cloud due to the security architectural changes. The way to go in Applications 10 is to obtain the client id and client secret from the MWS console.