Solved

How to make a field Mandatory in Aurena?

• 14 February 2022
  • 8 replies

Hi,

Can someone tell me how to make a field mandatory in Aurena?

Eg: when creating a document revision, document number was already being mandatory in IEE but not working as mandatory in Aurena. How to fix the setup in Aurena (giving same setup as per IEE) ?

Thanks

Regards

Nimesh

icon

Best answer by Shan Peiris 14 February 2022, 12:13

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +31

Hi @nimesh,

You can do it from the Page Designer in Aurena. Have a look at the response marked as answer in this post:

Hope this helps!

Hi @Charith Epitawatta Thank you. I have already checked this but I was not able to find the said page designer. That’s why I created a new post. When I check page designer I get this. Any idea?

Userlevel 7
Badge +31

Hi @nimesh,

You have to first navigate to the page you want to configure and then open the page designer like below:

I think you have tried to search for “Page Designer” in the navigator. It won’t appear in the navigator, but when you click on Page Designer from above menu, Page Designer will replace the navigator. 

Hope this helps!

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi @nimesh 

Go to Document Revision page and Click Page Designer

Then Click Document Container Group form Left Panel

Then Expand the Content In Document Container Group

Expand Document No

Check The Required Box

Save Changes

Then Publish

Refresh Aurena. Then You can find The Document No Is now Mandatory

Hope this helps!

Thanks
​​​​​​​Shan

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

HI @nimesh,

Please follow the below steps.

1. Navigate to the “Page Designer”.
  2. Locate the correct group and respective field.
  3. Check the REQUIRED check box. (Please refer the attachment for more info)

If you think my answer helped to resolve your issue, please mark it as the best answer. So that it will be helpful for other peers.

Best Regards,

Bhagya

Thank you all @Shan Peiris and @Charith Epitawatta and @Bhagya Wickramasinghe  Appreciate!

Hi @Bhagya Wickramasinghe @Shan Peiris @Charith Epitawatta Im facing an issue here.

I was able to configure it. However, it highlights now the document number as mandatory, but I’m able to save the record without entering a value for doc number field. System does not prompt an error. Any idea why?

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi Nimesh,

Could you let us know which UPD you are using.

Best Regards,