Solved

How to copy objects in Aurena

• 17 March 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

When I use IFS10 (or previous) using EE I can use in most cases RMB to Edit > Copy Object. Next go to another environment and use RMB > Edit > Paste Object. It uses the clipboard functionality.

However if I want to do something similar in IFS Aurena (Cloud), for one there is no RMB as this is now a command button. I didn’t see anywhere the RMB > Edit version in Aurena.

How can one still copy data across environments?

What would be an easy to use solution?

icon

Best answer by Siri_Bytics 17 March 2021, 10:38

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hi @eqbstal,

you should be able to copy paste in this way:

Then a message appears if you were successful:

Afterwards you can paste the item:

Hope this helps.

BR,

Siri

Userlevel 7

When I use IFS10 (or previous) using EE I can use in most cases RMB to Edit > Copy Object. Next go to another environment and use RMB > Edit > Paste Object. It uses the clipboard functionality.

However if I want to do something similar in IFS Aurena (Cloud), for one there is no RMB as this is now a command button. I didn’t see anywhere the RMB > Edit version in Aurena.

How can one still copy data across environments?

What would be an easy to use solution?

You can copy the data like @Siri_Bytics has showed you, but unfortunately you cannot paste it into another environment at this point. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Thanks. That works great.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

unfortunately you cannot paste it into another environment at this point. 

That’s a shame. When I develop custom logical units, I often need to pre-populate some “basic data” for a small project go-live. Using copied objects has been an easy way to manage this in IEE. Exporting the data as text lets me master that data in the project folder, removes that impediment to frequent nonproduction environment refreshes, and ensures a repeatable deployment.

I don’t necessarily need this exact functionality. I just need a way to repeatably export and import data against an arbitrary data source. I suppose I’ll eventually look into doing this with RESTful calls.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Thanks durette for your info. It sounds like a replication job for you, but then again not cross another environment (unless you go all the way of opening an Oracle link to the other environment.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

opening an Oracle link to the other environment

We do this frequently, but it doesn’t preserve the data across environment refreshes. (Often I’ll want to snapshot custom LU data for a custom LU that doesn’t yet exist in PROD.)