Question

How Make Field In Assistant Window Mandatory

• 25 August 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hi, 

I ma trying to make a field in (assistant window) on Register Arrivals-Receive mandatory for users. How do I find and configure this field in page designer.

Regards

OJ

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +31

Hi @OLAOLU ,

When it comes to Assistants and Dialogs, configuration capabilities are somewhat limited compared to regular pages. 

However,  you can try the following workaround. 

1. Navigate to the Register Arrivals screen. 
  2. Update the URL in the browser as below:
    https://<HostName>/main/ifsapplications/web/assistant/CreateReceipt/CreateReceiptAssistant
    This will load the Receive assistant and you may get an error as well. Ignore the error. 
  3. Go to the Page Designer as usual and you would be able to configure assistant. 
    In the Active Page section of the Page Designer expand as follows:
    CreateReceiptAssistant → Steps → Step1 → Content → Receive Line List.
  4. Click on Receive Line List and then expand “Content”.
  5. Scroll down till you find the required field and check the “Required” check box. 

Hope this helps!

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Thanks Charith. I did follow t steps as outlined and saved but its It didn't make it mandatory.

Userlevel 7
Badge +31

Hi @OLAOLU,

Looks like there is already a value there. Have you tried clearing it to see if the field background shows in pink? Furthermore, I got an error prompt as well saying the field is mandatory when I tried to click on another field without specifying a value to this field. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Charith , I believe the * value was populated in the field during migration.

I did clear that field and I still don't get the option .

Userlevel 7
Badge +31

Hi @OLAOLU,

Have you published your changes? In your screenshot, it looks like the change is only saved.

As I mentioned, when it comes to Assistants and Dialogs, configuration capabilities are somewhat limited compared to regular pages. So when we update this way, it might not always have the desired effect.