Solved

How I can add a custom field to receive dialog

• 19 October 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Hello,

I have a custom field in the register arrivals overview and need to update it from the receive dialog.

I didn’t find a way to add this field to the receive dialog.

Can you share the steps in EE client

icon

Best answer by Charith Epitawatta 19 October 2021, 22:44

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +31

Hi @AndyCordon,

I am afraid you cannot add custom fields to dialogs. 

Custom field framework has been created as a standard framework functionality that works on a majority of pages in IFS Applications, but they do not work everywhere.  One such place is dialogs. Custom fields require that the implementation of pages and their underlying storage conform to certain common patterns. Dialogs do not conform to those. 

Hope this clarifies the issue!

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

ok thank you @Charith Epitawatta 

We have upgraded to IFS 10 update 11.Do you think that we can do it in our Aurena  application when receiving orders as Aurena has pages?

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

I got this clarified .There is no workaround in Aurena.

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Depending on where you want the custom field you could add it to the underlying view in the table that appears in the dialog, this would add the custom field record against each of the lines not necessarily the dialog itself but may be a suitable solution. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +31

Hi @AndyCordon,

As you have mentioned, you cannot add custom attributes to assistants in Aurena client either in IFSAPP10.

According to R&D, custom field support for assistants is an item in the roadmap for IFS Cloud (not for IFSAPP10), but it is not decided yet on which version of IFS Cloud this would be available.

Hope this helps!