Question

How can we setup a screen refresh through a Custom command ?

• 15 October 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

When working with IFS Cloud, I want my Page to auto-refresh upon successful execution of a Custom Command (Serve the same Functionality as below Check box in Custom Menu screen in IFS APPS10)? Can this be done?

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @Kanishka Dilana ,

IFS Cloud does not have the custom command type - PLSQL Block. So what are the scenarios that you need Aurena custom commands to support page refresh?

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

@LakmaliRD Thanks for the feedback. I’m aware that PLSQL Block is not supported in IFS Cloud and ‘Refresh window after Execution’ was an option that was available for Custom Menus setup with PLSQL Block in APP10.

But, when working with Custom Commands in IFS Cloud, I came across a few scenarios where having the same/similar option would benefit we, IFS Consultants, Developers, or even Customer super users. 

For example, say I setup a Custom Command to Receive some Part stock in to Inventory. However, even after successful execution of a Custom Command, the screen didn’t get refreshed, so user can’t see the latest Onhand quantity, so it looks like nothing happened when you run the command,

Its only when you manually refresh the screen you can see the correct stock value after receipt,

So, it will not serve the same thing as when you use Receive Inventory Part Screen. There system auto-refresh the screen after each and every Receipt, so user can see the latest stock value as soon as receipt is Saved and that’s why I asked whether there is any way you instruct system to auto-refresh the ‘Active’ screen upon successful execution of a Custom Command.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

@Kanishka Dilana  Please send us a new feature request.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

@LakmaliRD I hope you meant an ‘Idea’ in Community when you say ‘New feature request’. If yes, I’ve created this,