Question

How can insert data through Talend ETl tool into IFS application(IFS10) tables?

• 12 March 2021
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi Community,

Kindly assist us regarding migration.

my question is here that how can insert data through Talend ETL tool into IFS application(IFS10) tables?

Is use any API or others way?.

Please let me know who is doing such kind of activity.

I need insert bulk data using with Talend ETL Tool and want to insert into IFS 10 tables.

Thanks in advance.

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

This is an interesting topic. You have a couple different options when using the built in IFS Apps 10 data Migration jobs. I think the two most popular data sources for the migration jobs are from a CSV file you load from the client or using a VIEW or TABLE. If you are storing the data you harvested form the ETL package into a table in SQL Server (need to create a heterogenous connection and database link) or the Oracle database IFS uses (my preferred option) you can point the migration job to the data using the procedure name “MIGRATE_SOURCE_DATA”. A sample screenshot is shown below. The sample points to a VIEW I created (CUSTOMER) to a table of data owned by a user called IFS2004. This method would work very nicely of you are constantly extracting data for the same object that you need to have imported on a periodic basis. You can then schedule the migration job to run on a periodic basis.