Getting started with Dell Boomi - IFS Applications 10 REST Partner Connector

• 2 August 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hello,

I mostly get asked out on "How to get started with IFS and Dell Boomi?".

Hence, I thought of compiling a community article with all the relevant resources where everyone could benefit from.

Call to action:

Getting Started with the IFS Applications 10 REST Connector (community.boomi.com)

IFS Applications REST – Partner connector (help.boomi.com)

IFS Applications REST – Partner operation (help.boomi.com)

Mandatory links:

Boomi AtomSphere (platform.boomi.com) – The playground where you develop, deploy, and manage the integrations.

Boomiverse (train.boomi.com) – The classroom where you learn how to develop, deploy, and manage the integrations.

Training & Certification (boomi.com)

Recommended Trainings (train.boomi.com):

• Boomi Essentials
  • Associate Integration Developer
  • Professional Integration Developer

Miscellaneous:

Boomi Boosters (community.boomi.com) – Pre-built examples and templates, don’t re-invent the wheel !

Boomi Community (community.boomi.com) – Of course they also have a good community.

Moment of Service delivered by Integrated Experiences:

Integration made easy with IFS & Boomi (ifs.com)

The Power of IFS and Boomi (boomi.com)

Your thoughts and experiences are most welcome 😊

Cheers !

Dhananjaya.

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi Dhananjaya,

I tried to connect our 21R1 cloud application with Boomi. When registering the component with ifs endpoints and username/password for basic authentication, i was not able to connect to ifs from boomi. Is there anything specific needs to be done from ifs end? do i need to setup IAM client for boomi?

If i have to use OAuth what should be the configuration and please can you let me know the process.

Thanks 

Roshanga

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @roshanga,

IFS Cloud 21R1 doesn't support basic authentication by default, hence you need to use OpenId Connect with OAuth 2.0 Authentication.

Therefore you will have to setup IAM client in IFS according to the steps given in the below article,
Using IFS Cloud OpenId Connect with OAuth 2.0 Authentication (community.boomi.com)

Cheers !
Dhananjaya.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Article Update

Call to action:
IFS REST – Partner connection (help.boomi.com)

Useful community articles:
Using IFS Cloud OpenId Connect with OAuth 2.0 Authentication (community.boomi.com)
Connecting to an IFS Applications Server using a Self Signed Certificate (community.boomi.com)
Working with Related Entities in IFS Application 10 and IFS Cloud with Boomi Operations (community.boomi.com)
Using Query operations with IFS hierarchical entity sets when no Filter is specified (community.boomi.com)
IFS Real-Time Integration with Boomi (community.boomi.com)