Solved

Getting Error in Batch Server and print job are not working

• 22 February 2021
  • 11 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi Guys,

Print jobs are not working, when checked the log getting below error in batch server log.

MessageQueueManager-BATCH2.ifs.fnd.batchserver.task.TaskManager.run --> MessageQueueTask-BATCH2 (TIMED_OUT) in state TASK_TIMED_OUT

I am using IFS8 SP1, I am getting error in batch server Task timed out. Because of this my Print Job are in waiting and also application messages are in released state.

I have restarted complete server, Tried increase batch process for Batch2 from IFS connect also restarted Application server task.

Any idea on this…

Thanks in Advance

Anshul

icon

Best answer by dmanuele 23 February 2021, 23:25

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

11 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi Anshul, 

Have you tried whether the services are up and running? my check server status script in the instance home & by windows services? You probably can give it a try with reconfiguring the application instance if none of these helped. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Thanks for the Quick Reply,

Yes I have checked all services are up and running,

Server and application status are good.

Regarding Reconfiguration it’s a production environment we are avoiding it as of now.

Regards,

Anshul

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi @TecAnshuA ,

We would have issue occasionally with IFS 8 SP1 with print jobs.  Sometimes stopping and restarting the print agents would help other times we would stop the batch service then restart the print agents and then start the batch service. 

You may also check it could be a print job causing the issue.  O passion ally we would have to delete the oldest print job because it was causing the printing to stop.

Regards,

William Klotz

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Thanks William for the quick reply.

Restart just like you suggested but it’s not working also tried to delete old print job but no luck.

Still the same issue.

Regards,

Anshul

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi @TecAnshuA ,

Sorry to hear the suggestions didn't work.

I would submit a support case with IFS to get them into the loop.  They maybe able to look at the system so the issue can be resolved quickly.

Regards,

William Klotz

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hey,

How about print agent config file? Was there recently some changes? Perhaps someone made syntax mistake there.

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Thanks Zapior,

Print agent is working fine no error in logs also it suddenly stopped working  nothing has been changed from IFS side.

We have Netscalar configured for application URL and on which batch is running, Batch is not able communicating with URL.

Thanks,

Anshul

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

Have you tried a reconfiguration of IFS yet?

Did you make sure there are enough slots in job_queue_processes to process different jobs in IFS?

Please check the Oracle alert log for any processes maxing out errors too.

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

I am watching this closely.  We experienced a similar issue with our IFS8 SP1on a Linux platform. I worked with IFS support but were unable to definitively resolve the issue. After increasing the logging level on the batchserver and performing a reconfigure along with a restart, the problem disappeared.  I’m not sure what ‘fixed’ it. I have not performed a restart since, but due to a weblogic/java memory leak that builds over six weeks, I will be performing a restart in the next week.  I hope the issue does not resurface.

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

After restarting the IFS application, the problem did not resurface.

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Attached is an SQL script that will give you a different look at the contents of your IFS printing jobs, tables, and objects. Please run the script as the SYSTEM user and pass in the name of your IFS application owner. The script creates an output file named “ifs_printing_analyzer.lis”.

For example, sqlplus system/mypassword2myconnection @ifs_printing_analyzer.sql “IFSAPP”