Solved

Forward button disabled in report archive window

• 16 August 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

The forward button is disabled, when trying to forward a report through report archive window.

Once we select the forward button after selecting a report, a pop-up will appear to select a user or a user group. After we selected a user and proceed to the next step, the forward button is disabled.

Are there any pre-requisites existing to enable this Forward button?

icon

Best answer by ashen_malaka_ranasinghe 7 September 2023, 14:47

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Moved to the Framework section.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi @KethakaG,

In 23R1 SU5 I have checked this functionality and it is working as expected. When a user is selected ‘Forward’ button is activated. See the following attachment:

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Checked this functionality by logging with a non-admin user account as well and noticed that it is possible to forward the selected report to the selected user groups.

Can you mention what is the cloud version that you have checked this scenario?

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi @ashen_malaka_ranasinghe ,

Thanks for the response!
I encountered this issue in both 23R1 Core/ REGIONAL TEST CMB & LKP environments. 

I used my own user (KETGLK) and alain for testing. The ‘forward’ button was disabled in both profiles. 

Strangely, the 'Forward' button got enabled once, but when re-tried, it has again went back to disabled state. Even if I clicked the forward in that single instance, email with that link has not been sent.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi @KethakaG,

I have tested this scenario in one of our core environments and was not able to recreate this issue as you have mentioned in the description. 

I followed below steps:

1. Created a user and granted IFSAPP_FULL permission set.
  2. Then I ordered a report using the Order Report page.
  3. After that using the Report Archive page, I was able to Forward the ordered report to another user - ALAIN.
  4. Then I logged into the IFS application using the user - ALAIN
  5. In the Report Archive page, the forwarded report can be seen!

More Info:

• Access to archived reports is controlled by the IFS framework itself. A user should only be able to view the reports he/she ordered and any other reports which have been distributed to the user.

• The report distribution in IFS application is achieved from Report Distribution Groups and the Report Distribution functionality available in the Report Archive window.
Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Thanks @ashen_malaka_ranasinghe! As discussed through our call, I was able to forward a report using the forward button with your assistance.