Question

Format Date and Time

• 9 November 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +7
  • Do Gooder (Partner)
  • 51 replies

Shall it be possible to change format on a Date and Time field with the context framework?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @gope

You should be able to change the ShowOnlyDate and see the changes in the scree. Please observe the below screen shots. 

Without ‘ShowOnlyDate’
With ‘ShowOnlyDate’

As you can see, this should work just fine. However, if the user has some profile configuration, this will not reflect as you intended to. 

This is the standard behavior of Page Designer and Global Context. The default or base configuration context is the global context. All the Configurations in the global context affects all users in an environment in the same way it affects all the Custom Contexts. The IFS recommendation is to use Custom Contexts instead of doing changes directly on Global Context as it’s the default or base configuration context. 

To support multiple parallel configurations of the same page, separate custom contexts should be defined. Therefore, ideally, you should have used a custom context instead of the global context.

I hope this clears up the doubts. For more information, you can go through this Introduction - Aurena Page Designer (ifs.com)

Best Regards,
Charana

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Which version are you on?

We are on 2022 R1

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

I’m sorry it seams that I was not doing it in the proper way :-)

Today it works when I’m trying it:-)