Question

Filtering of Custom Attributes Links is not supported

• 14 February 2024
  • 5 replies

Badge +2

Filtering of Custom Attributes Links is not supported. The $filter is missing when a custom field attribute as a link is used.

This is a very known issue and it is documented as a known limitation ( Document could be accessed through the below link ).

Known Limitations - Technical Documentation For IFS Cloud

However,  the customer seeks for a solution and to solve this issue.

Business Impact: This malfunction treats us to work with two tabs and always copy and paste the desired value in the filter line of the new tab. This is a lot of clicking and the usability suffers dramatically.

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

@ThejanJay I’m curious about the customer’s scenario. Can you elaborate please?

Badge +4

Please note: we are NOT discussing why we want to have the Project Program with in the SubProject. We are discussing that in the whole IFS Cloud environment a custom referenced attribute (blue underlined hyper-link) is not jumping to the selected target due to missing $filter-statement in the url.

This sall be solved as soon as possible!

Badge +2

Hi @Rukmal Fernando ,

The main concern for the customer and related issue was the ‘’ Filtering of Custom Attribute Links is not supported. The $filter is missing when a custom field attribute as a link is used.’’

This issue happens on all windows in IFS cloud but when I navigate this issue to the technical expert, he found out the below which is a known limitation.

[quote]

‘’ Navigation functionality (zooming) of reference type custom attributes provides navigation to respective client pages without filtering the corresponding record. Filtering is not available due to a technical limitation in IFS Cloud. This is mentioned as a known limitation in the below documentation.

https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/23r1/040_tailoring/225_configuration/950_configuration_references/060_knownlimitations/#custom_attributes_on_assistants

[unquote]

any clarifications about this limitation?

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

@ThejanJay thanks for sharing this. My expertise is more with the Mobile side, so I don’t think I’m the right person to weigh in on this. I will flag this internally to a few of my colleagues who’d have better input than me.

Best regards,

/Rukmal

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

@ThejanJay as you have already found. This is a limitation that is there because of a technical limitation in our design. I won’t try to explain this in detail. But it has to do with the key custom attribute references are using (objkey) and that key is not part of the main key in the odata provider. Main point is that this is not something that we could change with a small correction but would require a more extensive development project. 

kind regards,

/Tobias