Question

Failed executing query (ORA-01031: insufficient privileges)

• 1 February 2021
  • 10 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

User not able to access Quick Report. 

Access already given to the User for the quick report (Grant Query)

Grant select to user on the Views

But still user receive the error.

This topic has been closed for comments

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Hi @FPayab,
Please refer to KBA : 

Please provide feedback (like / helpfulness / response) on the article if it helps !

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi @Yasas_AK 

I have already tried this but the user is still not able to run the quick report.

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Hi @FPayab,
That is a bit odd, however what you could do to identify and resolute the issue with narrowing down the scope where problem exist is;

(1) Check if the issue is only specific to the user (can IFSAPP and other users access?)
(2) Create a new user (ABC) with basic admin grants and check if that new user could access
(3) If user ‘ABC’ could access the report, compare the difference in grants to identify the permission imbalance with the user. 

Sometimes in using an already created user we miss out assigned permission sets and grants so trying out the same with a new user provides us insights to what we may be missing. Also I hope following command executed successfully. 
BEGIN Installation_SYS.Grant_Ifssys(TRUE); END;

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Have you used IALs or get methods in the query ? if yes, check whether you have granted the access for IALs

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi @FPayab ,

I would be helpful if you can share the query here so that we can take a look to see if something pops out. 

Cheers

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi @FPayab ,

I would be helpful if you can share the query here so that we can take a look to see if something pops out. 

Cheers

Hey Sajith,

It is a simple Select query on history log views.

cheers

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi @FPayab ,

Bit strange if that is the case.  Could it be something simple like a missing AO (ifsapp.) prefix in a API call or one of the views?

Are you able to run the select statement connected to the database as the end user account through a tool like Pl/SQL Developer or SQL Developer? These tools usually indicate for which view the user doesn’t have permissions so quite helpful to figure out where the actual issue is?

Cheers

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi @FPayab ,

Bit strange if that is the case.  Could it be something simple like a missing AO (ifsapp.) prefix in a API call or one of the views?

Are you able to run the select statement connected to the database as the end user account through a tool like Pl/SQL Developer or SQL Developer? These tools usually indicate for which view the user doesn’t have permissions so quite helpful to figure out where the actual issue is?

Cheers

The Prefix (ifsapp.) is already there for the views.

I have logged in to PLSQL for the user and is able to run the query.

But from the application the user is not able to run the quick report

Server error messages:

222c7fdd-1a92-4664-8d16-3ad7f9d0e9a7

Ifs.Fnd.FndSystemException: Unexpected error while calling server method AccessPlsql/Invoke ---> Ifs.Fnd.FndServerFaultException: ORA-01031: insufficient privileges

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi @FPayab,

What happens if you do the same test using pl/sql developer but logged in as IFSSYS user and see whether you can run the query? If that also works without any issues may be a worth doing a good old app server instance restart to clear out the connection pool. 

Cheers 

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi @Sajith D 

I managed to fix it after re-granting the access using the ‘Manage Grant’ from quick report screen. Not sure what is difference but it is working now. 

Cheers