Question

External Proxy to IFS - Apps 10

• 22 March 2022
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Apps 10 

Is it possible to setup a ‘external facing’ proxy for use with the IFS B2b portal but also keep our current ‘internal’ URL for normal IFS use??

The reason why I ask is when I run the installer (from the middleware) and it comes to ‘Web Server configuration’ stage, it seems we can only have one Proxy URL setting.

Currently this is set to an internal URL but if I change it to the ‘external facing’ URL, our internal users will not be able to connect to this instancing using our internal URL.. The only URL that they could use is the ‘external facing’ which will push all users to the B2b portal.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hi @JamesW72,

I have seen some customers use this and it’s not something we (IFS) could support. However, others configured like below.

• Customer add a proxy to whole IFS and it could be like this “test.Name.com:48080”
  • Then they  replaced this “test.Name.com:48080”with b2btest.name.com/b2b (Just an example). So the both URL’s works but this “b2btest.name.com/b2b” is only for B2B.

In the second point they redirect the actual one to another external exposed URL but this could be done from LB vendor side.

FYI - These information got it from other customers who exposed this way, therefore best thing would be talk with your LB/Proxy vendor and check a method.

Thank You,