Question

Extending search functionality - 22R2

• 2 February 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Is it possible to extend search functionality in 22R2?  For example, if you are in a particular page in the application but the user is only able to search using one piece of criteria although additional information is available to query by.

A specific scenario of this would be in Part Assortment (Entity: AssortmentNode), a user is only able to search by Part No, although they may want to search by one of the Node IDs or Node Description.

Is it possible for this to be configured or would this require a modification of the core application?

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Not sure if I understand correctly, but there is a “More” function to extend the search/filter criteria

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Thanks @Drausenhaus for the reply.  I’m specifically look at the Assortment detail page.  It only allows you to search by Part No:

They do not want to search in the Assortment Nodes overview page.  

I’m curious if the search can be extend here to allow for additional criteria or if this constitutes a modification.  

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Please share some more information from what screen the screenshot is taken.

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

The navigator path is Part Master Data/Assortment/Assortment.  On this page you can make edits to the assortment tree structure and add/remove parts.