Question

Event action E-mail not sending

• 6 February 2024
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi all,

We use an event that it fires when rowstate is changed. It has not worked for a while, we can not receive event action E-mail. I have checked the event and its action, all seems normal as it's supposed to be.

By the way, we can not receive not only this event action E-mail but also other  massages from event actions that fired.
What could be reason? Which points should be checked in IFS to get the E-mail?

Thanks

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Hi @Ozge 

did you check the mail sender in IFS Connect?

At first you can try to send an email from IFS.

For example:

Create a subscription and make a change in your object (customer, customer order ...).

If it works, you mail sender works.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

@Ozge normally every event action that is of type E-Mail will create an Application Message and that one will be routed to the Mail Sender.

2 options here:

→ if the event actions is triggered → there should be an application message

→ if the application message is created but no email is sent → then pls check the error message in the application message → it could point to wrong config of Mail Sender or even SMTP server being down (which I doubt since probably you can send/receive emails within your company).

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi @Link ,

Thank you for your answer.

Can you share with me a screenshot  for how to get Create Subscription menu? 

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Hi @Ozge 

sure.

You can do this in any objects.

In my case I am going to subscribe the changes in customer (sub-tab General).

Click with right mouse button on “Subscription” and follow my first screenshot.

You can also click on the marked icon in the tool stripe.

If you don't need it, remove it because you'll get an email or stream every time someone makes changes.

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi @Marcel.Ausan,

Thank you for your answer.

When I have checked the application messages page, I noticed Sender and Receiver Organization values were empty in Destination Addresses tab. 
From which page should I check the values not to be empty in Destination Addresses tab (Sender and Receiver Organization values)?

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Hi @Ozge 

were you able to create a stream notification for testing?

You can see here the application messages:

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

@Ozge this is how the Sender/Receiver look like in my environment. There should be no particular setting for this. Could you put some screenshot with your Event Action (to see if the Mail Sender) and then another screenshot with your Mail Sender config? 

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hi @ozge - this forum is for topics related to the MWM product and platform. 

Thanks,

CJ