Question

ESRI integration

Show first post

48 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi,

I modifiied Layer ID, and it seems to be ok NOW !

I continue my tests, THANKS VERY MUCH @Mathias Dahl  FOR YOUR HELP.

Regards, Christophe

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Yessss! 🙂

It's not good that you were able to save the URL including the layer ID. I'm quite certain we had a validation to stop that earlier, and you would not have got this issue. Would you be able to file a proper support case with us about it? We should also make the field description better, and mention there that the URL should not include the layer ID.

So did this change both enable the linking command as well as displaying the object information? How was the IFSID set on the Esri side?

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi,

I can open a support case with these informations : URL Layer and Field description.

I also prepare a documentation, I will share it on this conversation.

Yes, this modification enable the linking command.

On ESRI, we we just create a field IFSID without information in.

Regards, Christophe

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Thanks!

So, for the linking issue AND “not showing information in the dialog” issue, the reason was the layer ID being part of the URL.

Good change then! :-)

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi,

Configuration is operational now. We linked IFS Object with ESRI Object.

I have a new question : 

Our customer added somes informations on his map like this.

And on IFS we have

is it possible to have the same details ?

Regards,

Christophe

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Hi,

You're looking for the attribute inspector which looks "inside" Esri. It's one of the tools we have in the console/tool bar to the right. I'm unsure if that works in your version of IFS Cloud or not though, but should be easy for you just to try it out and see.

An alternative is to sync some of the data in Esri do IFS in some way, at regular intervals or when the data changes.

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

Hi @Mathias Dahl ,

Attribute Inspector is not working in 22.1.6 . Could you please confirm from which version this will work in IFS Cloud.

Thanks & Best Regards,

Nethmini

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

@Pushpa Veerappan @Jitharie @Mayura Wasantha 

Would you know when we added back the attribute inspector to Aurena, if we did?

Badge

We have implemented this feature in 21R2. But somehow it has been stopped working in 22R1 and 22R2 tracks. (Still working in 21R2). We will have a look and provide the fix in 22R1 SU9 and 22R2 SU2.

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

Hi @Jitharie ,
Thank you for your response !.

Best Regards,

Nethmini

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

Hi @Jitharie ,
Customer is in 21R2 SU11. Could you please confirm from which SU onwards this functionality was implemented in 21R2 ?

Thanks & Best Regards,

Nethmini

Badge

Hi @Nethmini Kosvinna 

This Feature has there from 21r2 GA onwards. 

Thanks and Regards,

Jitharie.

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi @Mathias Dahl ,

I try to add IAL informations on GIS Configuration object. So I created an IAL:  

and use it on 

But I have an error on GIS map. Do you have an idea about correct configuration ?

Best Regards, Christophe

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

It's a long time since we added that and I think it has been tested very little, perhaps not at all. It might not even work anymore 😮 Even though I haven't tested this, it looks like the configuration is correct. I suggest you file a proper support issue about this, such that we can take a proper look at it.

What's the error, by the way, does it say anything that can give us a clue?

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi @Mathias Dahl @Nethmini Kosvinna ,

Hi, we continue our GIS integration and we are now on 21R2SU19. We try to use Attribute Inpector but it doesn’t works. do you confirm ?

Managed Cloud Solution

We can use attribute for selection (it find objects) but we not display information.

Christophe

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Hi, thanks for asking here. The Attribute Inspector is something that had to wait because Esri's new JavaScript API at first did not have support for inspecting the attributes. I actually don't remember if it's now possible to do it and if we have started to use it. I will get someone else to comment here as well.

Badge

Unfortunately, we have encountered a limitation in implementing the attribute inspector functionality due to the lack of support in the ESRI JavaScript API call. Previously, there was a misunderstanding regarding attribute search and inspector, leading to the incorrect statement that it would be available in the 21r2 version. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Please rest assured that we have recognized the importance of attribute inspector and have duly noted it in our backlog for future development. We are actively planning to implement this feature once the necessary ESRI capability becomes available. Thank you for your understanding and patience as we strive to provide the best possible solutions.

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi @Mathias Dahl @Nethmini Kosvinna @Jitharie 

For information, we upgraded to 22R2SU9 and founded good news !

1 : it is now possible to have ESRI attributs and modify it.

GIS MAP

2 : it is possible to add IAL data

Regards, Christophe

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi @Mathias Dahl 

is it possible to have ESRI LABEL (info text on polygon) ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Hi @Mathias Dahl @Nethmini Kosvinna @Jitharie 

For information, we upgraded to 22R2SU9 and founded good news !

That's good to hear, thanks for reporting back your findings! 💪🏻 

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Hi @Mathias Dahl 

is it possible to have ESRI LABEL (info text on polygon) ?

We did add support for defining labels per layer and it used to work in IEE. I frankly don't know if we implemented support for it in Aurena yet. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

I had a quick look in the source code (did not test it) and it looks like the code for adding labels to layers, if labels are defined in GIS Layer Mapping, is still there.

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Search for “label” here:

https://docs.ifs.com/ifsclouddocs/23r1/ObjectPositioningGISMap/ActivityDefineLayerMapping.htm?StandAlone=true