Solved

Error when trying to Enable a Rowkey

• 17 July 2020
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi,

I have tried to enable the Rowkey ProjectResourceSpread. After almost 2hrs the background job failed, please see screenshot below.

Any pointers will be much appreciated.

The Oracle related error message is:

ORA-06512: at "IFSAPP.TRANSACTION_SYS", line 1632
ORA-06512: at "IFSAPP.TRANSACTION_SYS", line 683
ORA-06512: at "IFSAPP.TRANSACTION_SYS", line 1226

Many thanks

Miguel

icon

Best answer by durette 17 July 2020, 17:16

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Hi Miguel

Which version is it? IFS9?

How many records do you have in corresponding LU main table?

Do You have configured any Search Domain option on ProjectResourceSpread?

Best Regards

Piotr

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi Piotr.

Thank you for your reply to my question.

Yes IFS 9.

I had count records in PROJECT_RESOURCE_SPREAD_WEEK and the records are 44,058,054 .

No we don’t have any configured search domain options on ProjectResourceSpread .

Kind regards,

Miguel

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Hi Miguel

PROJECT_RESOURCE_SPREAD_WEEK group records from project_resource_spread_tab table.

Probably the number of rows is bigger.

Which UPD is it?

Best Regards

Piotr

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi,

Our DBA is checking on this number now.  I think this might be related to projects having a long life and the view holding data at week level. I wonder how this view could cope if you are dealing with 100 of projects and trying to use the Resource Forecasting module and multi-company level.

We are on UPD6.

This amount of records is available in our TEST environment only were I have been testing the Resource Forecasting functionality.

Kind regards

Miguel

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Background job errors aren’t always properly captured. TRANSACTION_SYS is the package that runs the background job itself. My recommendation is to set up a full copy of PROD and run it there “direct” (i.e. live or in real time) and read the error after it errors out there.

I suspect this is running out of UNDO tablespace, but getting the real error message is far better than making a guess.

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi Kevin

Thank you for your suggestion.

I have run the Direct option to activate the Key and the “eternity bar” is doing its thinking .

It might take a while.

I will revert back with my findings.

Regards

Miguel

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi Kevin,

the RowKey has activated ??

I don’t understand, however at least now I can attempt to add custom fields to a related IFS window.

I will have to investigate further the size of this table/view.

Many thanks for your help