We have user that suddenly gets this error:

Anyone know what to do about it?

icon

Best answer by Hans Andersen 20 October 2021, 05:57

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

13 replies

Badge +15

Hi @Hans Andersen , what is the IFS application track and the UPD level?

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @Hans Andersen,

How did you get this error?
Was it when you opened this screen? Or was it when you tried to perform a particular operation?

Could you open the debug console and identify the method call which generates this error. Further re-execute it in the DB to identify the origin of the error. If possible please provide a screenshot.

Thanks!
Bhagya

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

The error comes at start up and then when navigating to a page.

I can replace the profile and it is working. But when importing the original profile the error comes back (the exported xml file also looks small, 600kb).

Debugger:

Apps 10.10

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

IEE is downloaded into a per-user profile via Microsoft functionality called ClickOnce. Most likely it has become corrupt. Please try to clear the cache and re-download IEE. There are two ways to do this:

1. rundll32 dfshim CleanOnlineAppCache
  2.  rd /s /q %localappdata%\Apps\2.0

Option 1 is the preferred method. Only try the second if not successful. Be sure to close IEE before running either option.

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

@Ben Monroe ,

I’ll try that.

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi @Hans Andersen,

Can you please click “View Detail” on the error dialog and share the complete error message? Thank you.

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Sure.

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

It shows that it unable to find a resource file. If this works on other computers (or even the same computer but with a different Windows user login), then I still suspect that the ClickOnce location that IEE is downloaded to is corrupt. Can you try to clear it as explained previously?

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

@Ben Monroe,

Tried your suggestions. Still same error. 

Error on different windows login, different computers, different application files. Ok with other profiles.

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

@Manoj Ruwanhewa , @Bhagya Wickramasinghe , @Ben Monroe ,

We had to recreate the profile. Not optimal, but it is working now.

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

@Hans Andersen Thanks for the update. Glad that you got the issue resolved.

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

@Hans Andersen - I’m running into this same issue. I’ve deleted the users personal profile and cleared the cache afterwards and we were OK for about 2 months. Did you recreate their personal profile or base profile?

IFS10 UPD10

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

@SaraCrank ,

I exported a similar profile (did not have a back-up):

Then imported is as the corrupt one.

No problem since. But we do now back up the profiles regularly.