Question

Does IFS version 10 Print Agent require Oracle client install?

• 27 July 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

This is a new install of Print Agent on a new Windows 2019 server.  My first attempt at installing Print Agent installed, but it will not run.   

Error: 

Windows could not start the IFSPAService_IFSTEST service on Local Computer.  Error 1069: The service did not start due to a logon failure.

I figure it is either due to Oracle client not installed on the server yet or my AD user running the windows service is not authorized in some fashion.   I’m hoping to avoid installing programs on server that are not needed, so I wanted to ask before I try loading Oracle Client and seee what happens.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +31

Hi @dioluke,

You do not need Oracle client to run the Print Agent. The logon error must be referring to the Windows user account that is used when installing the Print Agent Windows Service. 

When you click on the “Install Service” button, in the popup you get, you should specify “<domain>\AccountName” as the username and the correct password for that Windows account. Please note that you need to give the domain as well in the format given above, not just the user account. 

Hope this helps!