Question

Disabling Automatic Person Creation

• 20 December 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hi,

I am wondering if there is basic data somewhere that will permanently ‘disable’ the creation of a person when a user is created. We also want to have our passwords for database authentication defaulted to ‘random generated’.

Thanks,

Lorraine

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

If I understood your question correctly, The only way that I know to see if the person has been disabled is by looking into the Oracle, and you can search by the user, and you will see when and time when the user was locked when the user is disabled in IFS practically The user to access the Oracle DB.

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hi,

Sorry, I am not actually concerned with the person being disabled. Rather, I want to control when they are created.

When a user is created (on my first original screen shot), the process to create Personal Data (person) is ‘enabled’ by default. I want to have that setting defaulted to ‘disabled’ for everyone that is able to create a new user. We want to always create the person for a user manually...not automatically when a user is created. 

For a bit of context, our person id’s are numeric and controlled by the next available value in Enterprise Identities Series. We chose to stay away from person id’s containing a name format since names change .

When creating a user, if the setting below is set to enabled, the person id created matches the user id that we are creating. It does not take the next available Person ID from Enterprise Identities Series. When that happens, we have to disconnect the ‘bad’ person id from the user id, delete the ‘bad’ person id and then manually create a ‘good’ person id using the numbering sequence.

I hope this makes what we are looking to accomplish a bit clearer. 

Lorraine