Question

Demand Planner on Windows 10

• 3 February 2020
  • 6 replies

Badge +2

we have just moved to windows 10 for all users (from windows 7) - DP ran just fine on windows7 but on windows10 the screen font is so small you cannot read it and when you move a window around it leaves a trail of windows behind it filling the screen

Anyone any experience of this and perhaps a fix?

Thanks

Steve G

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi Steve

What version of Demand Planner and version of IFS are you running? I do recall seeing such graphical issues in demand planner in the past when we were on IFS v7.5. I cannot recall the version of DP at that point.

Have you tried running it in different windows compatibility modes? This was the fix for our issues. Sorry i cannot be more specific.

Regards

Mike

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Just found an old note, we set the Windows compatibility to Windows 7.

Badge +2

Hi Mike,

thanks for the reply. We are on Apps9 update11 and the DP client is on 4.02.

i must admit i have never heard of the compatibility mode, but just googled it and will give it a go.

Cheers

Steve G 

Badge +2

Hi,

We have fixed the font issue by other means, but the windows trail is still an issue. Tried the compatibility mode but this made no difference

Cheers

steve G

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

We are on the same version of DP and on Appsv9 (Upd12). We no longer need to run in compatibility mode (that was on previous versions of DP).

I just ran through the client installation on my Windows 10. It works as expected without the graphical issues you mentioned. Although saying that, graphics are definitely glitchy (takes more time than regular windows to draw layout etc..). Could it be a .Net issue? I am running .NET 4.5.

Sorry I could not help more.

Mike

Badge +2

ok, thanks Mike