Solved

Custom RMB when source value is not a source column

• 4 February 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hello,

Our users request a custom RMB from “register arrivals” to the related demand source of type “Shop order” (use case outside operations) in IFS 10 Update 6. This was already implemented in IFS 8 SP1. Due to changes in the view, required source columns are only referenced from the client, but don’t exist in view.

in Form Register Arrivals, the relevant data is displayed.

column Demand Order Ref1 is not a field in the view. it is a referenced value (...api.get...)

Custom Menu definition requires a source column in the source view - which does not exist

other approach could be:

Idea 1: source Key Name could allow to use a bind variable of the column name of the form like:

:tbwRegisterArrivals.colsDemandOrderRef1

Idea 2: source Key Name could allow to use a get-function of the format like:  

&AO.Receipt_Info_Manager_API.Get_Demand_Order_Ref1(SOURCE_REF1,SOURCE_REF2,SOURCE_REF3,SOURCE_REF4,SOURCE_REF_TYPE_DB)

There is the same problem when defining a condition for Custom RMB.

Is there a solution for this problem ?

Thanks Johannes

icon

Best answer by JohannesWittwer 5 February 2020, 11:12

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

You can try to create a new read only custom field using Receipt_Info_Manager_API.Get_Demand_Order_Ref1 and then use it as the source column. If your column is not listed under the list of source columns, try manually typing it prefixing CF$_.

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Thanks for your info. I consider your proposal a workaround, that is a lot of effort .

Johannes

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

After testing again, I can confirm, that Custom RMB configuration can handle ...API.get… as a source column value. Following format worked for us:

&AO.Receipt_Info_Manager_API.Get_Demand_Order_Ref1(SOURCE_REF1,SOURCE_REF2,SOURCE_REF3,SOURCE_REF4,SOURCE_REF_TYPE_DB)

eg:

my colleage in IT gave me following explanation:

Custom RMB is not evaluating the API call.

Instead, the string in source key name is equivalent with the string (column), that is generated by the client select statement. That select statement does not use an Alias.

That means: in theory, all columns that are visible in the form should be usable as a source key name. In addition to the column fields available in custom RMB configuration, you can also use referenced fields. as explained above.