Question

custom list in Purchase order part lines

• 27 March 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

Hi Community,

I am trying to have a custom list inside the PurchaseOrderPartLines, did the Projection configuration with associations and key mappings 

when i try to add record in the custom list it is not pulling the values of 

ORDER_NO,LINE_NO,RELEASE_NO

In page designer it doesnt show the association name 

Can anyone let me know how do i find the association name in the binding section ? Am i missing anything here?

@damith 

pls check if you have a solution for this 😀

Binding in Page designer

Associations in Proj Configuration

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

@tofuse ,

Can you please look at this and suggest

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hi Rakesh, 

Sorry for a very late answer. But here is for what it’s worth. Assuming that you want to connect TrackingInformation against the Purchase Order Lines Part list records. 

1. The association is made between the custom TrackingInformation and CustomerOrderLines entity is then wrong. The Purchase Order Lines Part list is of PurchaseOrderLinesPart entity, and you should create an association between those two. 

You can control this by inspecting the metadata returned to the client when navigating to the page, using the chrome explorer. Projection/Entities/PurchaseOrderLinePart/Arrays. If your association is created correctly there should be a TrackAssoc in the arrays dictionary.
  1. The Association that you create will end up in the projection metadata on the PurchaseOrderLinesPart entity (array) not on the TrackingInformation. So when you add the list for TrackingInformation to your page 
    Bindname: <element you bind to> i.e., PurchaseOrderLinesPartList 
    Property: <relation> i.e., TrackAssoc

If this is setup this way. Data for TrackingInformation should change as you select different records in the PurchaseOrderLinesPartList. I’m not quite certain how this works if you keep your TrackingInformation outside the tab control though. Might be that you need the keep the TrackInformation list under Purchase… in the tab. On the other hand, with this connection that would be quite logical UI wise for the user (IMO)

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

Hi @tofuse ,

Thanks for responding , I was able to achieve this requirement through Assistant as it was effective way