Solved

Custom fields on SHIPMENT_CONSOL_PICK_LIST_REP_REQUEST for handling units

• 16 November 2020
  • 10 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

We have created a custom field on handling units for a trace number. But we can´t get it to the report output XML for report designer. Is there a special LU that needs to be connected for this?

The handling units are reserved to a customer order but not yet picked reported.

icon

Best answer by Technical Outlaws 17 November 2020, 13:35

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

10 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

The best way to verify whether the operational report supports custom fields and also against which logical unit the custom field needs to be created, is to check the underlying report code.  Check the following community post.

Add custom fields to Report

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Handling Units LU is not included in this report. How can I connect a field to show a field from handling_unit_tab? There is a part in this report that fetches information from the handling units.

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

The LU’s which are connected to this report that you can create custom fields from, would you be able to then create a read-only custom field (SQL or PLSQL method) to fetch the relevant info from the handling unit?

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

No it´s not possible because the connected handling units is in another view/table. On shipment head we can´t get that connection and on customer order line we don´t see handling units.

I think we need to modify the RPI for this report because in the RPI I have handlin unit table connected. Maybe that´s the only way?

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

The RPI you are referring to is it SHIPMENT_CONSOL_PICK_LIST_RPI?

If that is the case, looking thru the RPI code you can see one of the custom field supported LU is CustomerOrderReservation, this LU CustomerOrderReservation has the handling unit id in the base view so can you not create a custom field in the LU CustomerOrderReservation and get what you want?

This is what I was referring to above.

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Yes it´s that RPI but I have created a custom field on CustomerOrderReservation but it´s not in the XML data for the report.

And when I check the table for report_lu_definition I only get these LU:s

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Think we are onto something here…

Bug ID 154130

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Aha, we run on UPD7 and are planning for UPD10 in december. Do you know if this fix is in next update? We really need this before december but maybe we have to wait? I guess it´s severity 3 or lower so it´s not possible to install as single patch through support center?

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

My advise would be to check with the IFS project manager/account manager and see what is the best route to push the correction through based on your urgency.

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

I have talked to my IFS project manager and this is a severity 2 bug so we have created a case for this.

thanks!