Solved

Custom Fields in Aurena

• 14 October 2021
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

I’m having trouble viewing my custom field on my screen in Aurena.  The field is available in IEE but, it doesn’t show in “List View Settings” or “Table View Settings”.  So, it’s not viewable in Aurena.  Is there a trick to getting it to show?  It’s a simple field on the Sales District page.  

icon

Best answer by Manoj Ruwanhewa 14 October 2021, 23:45

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Badge +15

Hi @HyperRon ,

Can you try to refresh the cache with below steps

1.        Refresh Language cache ( from IEE)

2.        Refresh Dictionary cache ( from IEE)

3.        Login to Aurena client

4.        Change the browser URL appending below URL path – note that you must change the existing URL only after “main”.

…/main/ifsapplications/projection/ClearCache?METHOD=CLEAR_PROJECTION_CACHE&VALUE=*

5.        Hit “enter” key to go to that URL – it will return nothing, that’s normal

6.        Now change the URL again appending below URL path – again you must change the existing URL only after “main”.

…/main/ifsapplications/web/server/clearmetadatacache

If this didn't work,  try out the troubleshooting guide in the below documentation.

https://wit.ifsworld.com/f1docs/apps10/Foundation1/045_administration_aurena/220_Configuration/200_client_configurations/150_attribute_configurations/default.htm

Regards

Manoj

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Thanks for your reply!  I followed those steps and I still don’t see the custom field.  Now, it doesn’t appear my client has the Page Designer.  I can’t find it in Aurena.  

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi @HyperRon,

Could you logout and login to the Aurena Client and check whether it is visible?

Thank you

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Thanks.  I tried that too.

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

After digging around I was finally able to use the Page Designer.  I got the field to show up by following the instructions in the link that @Manoj Ruwanhewa sent me.  Thanks everyone!   Now, the hyperlink doesn’t work lol  I have no clue how to fix that just yet.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

@HyperRon

“Now, the hyperlink doesn’t work”  

Here, did you mean that you have set up the custom field as a “Clickable Hyperlink”  in IEE, but it does not get formatted as a hyper link in Aurena?

If that is the case, yes it does not work in that way in Aurena.

If you want a certain attribute to be formatted as a hyperlink, in the page designer - you have to set the property “Field Hint” accordingly.  There are different options like, e mil, phone etc. Depending on the type of data you want to store in the relevant field, you can format it accordingly. There will be an icon in the field upon which a user can click.

Cheers!

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

The custom field is built on the Person Info LOV.  I’d like it to link to the person page and pull up the right person.  When I click on it the page does open with an error but, does not pull up a person.