Question

Custom field publishing - The Module object does not exist

• 7 August 2020
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Has anyone ever seen this error when trying to publish custom fields?…

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

What is the LU which you are trying to create this custom field? Check whether that LU is connected to a correct module from MODULE_TAB?

You can see the module for your LU from DICTIONARY_SYS_TAB 

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Thanks Rusiru.

Further scrutiny reveals that the LU PurchasePartSupplier seems to be connected to module CUSOBJ which seems incorrect to me?

How can this be corrected?

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Yes, I think it should be PURCH. Not sure how this has happened. Try a full dictionary cache refresh just to make sure this is not a cache problem. If it persists then I think you would need to repair the data from this table (DICTIONARY_SYS_TAB). 

I hope this is one of your TEST environments so you can test there first. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Thanks Rusiru.

Further scrutiny reveals that the LU PurchasePartSupplier seems to be connected to module CUSOBJ which seems incorrect to me?

How can this be corrected?

Hi

Im my opinion something is wrong with You dictionary cache.

Best Regards

Piotr

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Update : The underlying view PURCHASE_PART_SUPPLIER has comments referencing the correct module (PURCH).  The view PURCHASE_PART_SUPPLIER_CFV references CUSOBJ. 

It looks like some corruption has happened within the dictionary cache at some point.

To correct, Is it just a case of manually amending DICTIONARY_SYS_TAB so that the LU_NAME PurchasePartSupplier associated module is PURCH rather than CUSOBJ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +31

Update : The underlying view PURCHASE_PART_SUPPLIER has comments referencing the correct module (PURCH).  The view PURCHASE_PART_SUPPLIER_CFV references CUSOBJ. 

It looks like some corruption has happened within the dictionary cache at some point.

To correct, Is it just a case of manually amending DICTIONARY_SYS_TAB so that the LU_NAME PurchasePartSupplier associated module is PURCH rather than CUSOBJ?

You shouldn’t have to manually amend the table. You can try un-publishing and then re-publishing the custom fields on PurchasePartSupplier and then do a dictionary cache refresh.