Skip to main content

Hi All,

I want to create a custom field (persistent) that for each line, has a line number.

So what I mean and as an example and for Customer Order Lines

CF ‘Line_No’

etc..

For each custom order line created.

I do not want to rely on the existing standard ‘LINE_NO’ on the customer order line view.

Has anybody do this before?

Hi @JamesW72 you can create the persistent field to handle this. Are you looking for this to be manually or automatically populated?

Hi James.

You can just create a Custom Attribute on the entity CustomerOrderLine and then have a workflow that can automatically populate that field based on the max(Cf$_Line_No) + 1 value.

Best regards.
Gonzalo.

Hi @JamesW72 you can create the persistent field to handle this. Are you looking for this to be manually or automatically populated?

Hi, Automatically created numbering..

I was thinking of something like a custom event but I do remember (a long time ago) setting / calling something in a persistent ‘PL/SQL Expression’ to generate a line number - but that was a long time ago :) 

Hi @JamesW72 you can create the persistent field to handle this. Are you looking for this to be manually or automatically populated?

I was thinking of something like a custom event but I do remember (a long time ago) setting / calling something in a persistent ‘PL/SQL Expression’ to generate a line number - but that was a long time ago :) 

Depending on the version you are using you could either execute what @Gonzalo states or a standard event should work.

Depending on the version you are using you could either execute what @Gonzalo states or a standard event should work.

Apps 10 UPD19