Solved

Custom Field Blank

• 7 July 2021
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hello, 

I have been working through creating custom fields for the ProjectBalance LU I am trying to have Category1_id, Category2_id, and DEFAULT_CHAR_TEMP all from the Project LU added as columns. I added all 3 fields successfully but they coming up blank. These are supposed to be read-only fields as well.

Both Category2 and Char Template are using referenced fields and then I tried to use SQL to pull in the data but either way it is coming up blank. 

Does anyone know why or can lead me in the direction to figure out what might be going on?

Thanks,

Eli

icon

Best answer by Shardha Weeratunga 8 July 2021, 13:05

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @Eli_Williams ,

Check whether data available for the category1_id for the given project ids.

You may try out a query like below in pl sql or  sql query tool in IFS EE

SELECT t.category1_id from PROJECT t
WHERE t.project_id = '1151-8'

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hello @Dumeesha Wanigarathna,

Thank you for your response. There is not one for 1151-8 but there is data available for 1160-19 and data available for the one after that too which is 116-20 and a few others on the list that I have. 

Is there something else you would like me to try?

Thanks, 

Eli

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @Eli_Williams,

Could you please send me the full screen picture of your first image. Is this the bottom part of the Structure Project Analysis window? 

/Shardha

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

HI @Shardha Weeratunga

This is the Projects Analysis window from the Financials-->Project Accounting → GL Project Analysis and Reports → Projects Analysis

Thanks, 

Eli Williams

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @Eli_Williams 

When I try the same example in our internal reference environment, I could not add custom fields to the Projects Analysis page (only custom menu’s could be added).

Project Analysis, Disabled custom field options
​​​​

I investigate on this a little bit more and found out that the custom fields are not enabled for all the Logical units or pages in the IFS Application due to various design limitations. These restrictions are enforced by RnD either to Logical Unit level or to Page level. The Projects Analysis is a page with page level custom field restrictions.

The page “Project Analysis” belongs to LU “ProjectBalance” is enforced with LU level custom field restrictions from the bug 153492 by App10 UPD9, could be due to the issues of this nature.

Hope this information helps.

/Shardha

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi @Shardha Weeratunga

Thanks for your thorough explanation on this. Is there a site where I can look up this bug so I can see if it is something that may be fixed or a workaround I can find forthe future? 

Thanks, 

Eli Williams 

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @Eli_Williams 

Try searching in customer portal for solution id 279799.

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

HI @Shardha Weeratunga , 

Thank you so much. I’ll mark your answer as solved as it looks like there is not a fix at this time and research what other workarounds we may have for this. 

Thanks, 

Eli Williams